Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 4GEE any experiences ( sorry, but this upgrade is driving me nuts)
  • righog
    Free Member

Boring question I know, but it’s phone upgrade time.

I am with Orange and dont really want to change just as that seems simpler.

But they are offering 4 G packages a that are litte more expensive.

As I will be stuck with it for 2 years should I go for 4 G now ?

somouk
    Free Member

It really depends on how much browsing/streaming you would do to your phone.

The use of 4G will nail your battery a little more than normal. There is also the chance that you will only have partial 4G coverage depending on where you live.

righog
    Free Member

Thanks somouk, thats the kind of thing i was after, my area says three bars ( good ) coverage.

Does it just revert to 3G where $G is not available ?

nealglover
    Free Member

The use of 4G will nail your battery a little more than normal.

I was wondering about that, is that correct ?

Because I thought maybe, as download times are faster, it may use less battery power ?

bruders338
    Free Member

Dont change.. they really messed it up for me.. currently fighting for my money back.

i upgraded last month with orange as i was told in the shop i could not go 4g with ee as i had only just updated my direct debit details…

then 4 days later a lady from EE said i can do the switch over at no extra cost, no change in bill due date or anything. the only thing that would change would be the sim.. Winner winner.

Well i paid my bill on the 5th then 2 days later i got a bill from EE saying i need to pay a month in advance etc etc.

so not only did i pay orange for only a week on my new phone but now i have EE after the same money..

the are a bunch of w*****s

z1ppy

M8 loves it & hasn’t reported any battery issues, but has run into issue with download limits (some of which are self inflicted silliness & actually being able to d/l stuff in no time)

gmex619
    Free Member

Go with 3 if you can mate. If you DL alot anyway.

I use my phone for tethering on the One Plan.. I’ve used a genuine 176GB in a month before with no fee.. Plus with the Ultrafast phones you can get a stable file download (not internet usage) of 7+mb. My personal tethering speed is 12mb average without direct file downloads. Plus EE’s 4G and 3G plans don’t allow tethering, the “unlimited” internet is 1GB iirc.. Beyond that it’s something like £7 per GB.

righog
    Free Member

3 plan looks ok but what is Tethering 😳

poonprice
    Free Member

3 plan looks ok but what is Tethering

Tethering is using you phone as a WiFi router, so you can use your 3G internet on other devices like laptop and iPad.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Where are you in the country OP? They are swapping the old 2g kit for a combined 2&4g unit, so if in one of the swapped out areas signal should be good!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘4GEE any experiences ( sorry, but this upgrade is driving me nuts)’ is closed to new replies.