Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 4G Home Broadband – anyone using?
  • SkillWill
    Free Member

Anyone using 4G / mifi type solution for home broadband? Something like this:

https://www.airtel-vodafone.com/homebroadband

I have a crappy persistent fault on my phone line that BT just won’t resolve so I am tempted, wondered what other people’s experiences were like. That’s cheap enough compared to broadband plus line rental that I don’t mind paying for extra data if needed. I’m guessing this is the way broadband / internet connectivity will go eventually.

Edit: Just realised that is for Jersey only, but interested to hear about 4G broadband more than the cost.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not exactly. We have a 4G mobile wifi deive from Three with a 20gb monthly limit. Works pretty well and is 10x faster than BT broadband (10-14mps vs 1mps) which cost double (but was unlimited). We cancelled the BT but with the 20gb month we have to watch our usage, have unlimited 4G on the phone so for example can download iPlayer on phone and sent to TV via AiraPlay. That offer looks attractive price wise and 100gb a month. It will of course depend on your local signal strength.

Andy_K

It can work fine as long as you don’t watch many videos, 4G is quick enough, but I don’t think there’s any huge data plans around, 20gb seems to be the highest.

I tether my phone when away for work, as upping my current allowance was cheaper than a seperate SIM, but I don’t need to connect multiple devices.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘4G Home Broadband – anyone using?’ is closed to new replies.