Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 463mm A-C, 29+ ready, QR15mm, straight steerer fork…does it exist?
  • kazafaza
    Free Member

It’s probably going to be a no-no but I was wondering if anyone know of anything like it on the market or can make/weld/glue one that wouldn’t force me to sell my organs.

If anything, it could be a little bit lower(generally between 445mm – 463mm) but I’d really want QR15 and there’s no option for a tapered steerer with my existing frame. Steel or carbon preferable, alloy will be considered. If it has mounts for mudguard/light at the top it’s even better and if it comes with Anything Cage mounts I’ll wet myself. Proof will be posted. 8)

Cheers

faustus

A-C tad longer than you said, but can’t think of any others with 15mm dropouts…

http://www.bike24.com/p2112299.html

Not cheap for a heavy ridid fork though

letmetalktomark

I have one of these albeit in tapered form, nice forks but agree they are indeed spend for steel.

kazafaza
    Free Member

Ok, not sure what’s going on with this CroMoto Grande: it’s listed as 483mm QR15 on ISON with clearance for up to 29×2.4″ tyres. Salsa themselves list this fork(you’d thought they should know best) as 468mm, QR20. Tire Clearance = 90mm so Knard would fit with room to spare… Ze german one seems to be the closest match! Thanks Faustus!

jameso

If you need 15mm to fit your existing wheels you could get hold of the adapter axle that SP use for their 15mm Dyno hubs, or similar, can’t see why that wouldn’t work with other 15mm hubs. May open up more fork options?

kazafaza
    Free Member

Thanks Jameso, I’ve actually thought about it and you’re right – that would open up more options…

Ideally I’d have same setup for all my bikes, but I guess the axle adapter is not a huge faff and I’m sure I could live with that!

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘463mm A-C, 29+ ready, QR15mm, straight steerer fork…does it exist?’ is closed to new replies.