Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 45mm tubeless tape ? anyone got some instock ?
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Looking for tcs rim tape for my scraper rims, quick look around cant find any 45mm ? .. anyone seen some ?

jam-bo

Gorilla clear tape.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Jam bo … works ok then ? … can only find 48mm wide so take it ill have to trim in down ?

scotroutes

FWIW, WTB say you should use their 50mm tape.

Northwind

Go narrower, just tape the holes. No actual benefit in going out to the edges ime, and some disadvantage (if the tape is only in the middle, down in the well of the rim, it doesn’t get pushed off when you change tyres as it’s safely out of hte way

bigh
    Free Member

+1for gorilla tape, used it on my scraper rims

Daffy

Gorilla tape is fine unless you have to remove it; it leaves a horrible residue on the rims.

Daffy

Tesa 4289 strapping tape is what Stan’s yellow tape is, but it’s difficult to find in the UK in 50mm. I used Tesa 4287 (still strapping tape but thinner) and applied 3 coats on my 29+ rims. Probably overkill for the pressures they’ll see, but I still had to seat the tyres.

singlespeedstu

Gorilla tape is fine unless you have to remove it; it leaves a horrible residue on the rims.

The clear Gorilla Tape is no where near as bad and it’s also a lot more waterproof.

Northwind

Am I right that they only do clear gorilla in the wide size? Not an issue here I think 😆 But I could only find it in the 48mm.

steve_b77
    Free Member

There’s some stuff on eBay for taping fat rims, comes in 32mm if that’s any good?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=172277764209&alt=web

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘45mm tubeless tape ? anyone got some instock ?’ is closed to new replies.