Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 456 steel to a Cotic Soul Classic
  • angryratio
    Free Member

Will the soul reach down the front of my riding shorts and do a better job of stirring my loins than my current 456 ?
    Fancy a birthday treat next month.

Sorry if this has been done to death on here.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yes it will.

nickc

It’s quite bendy mind. (the soul, I mean)

angryratio
    Free Member

bendy like natural twang?

nickc

suppose. Isn’t that what steel is supposed to feel like? Felt like steering warm spaghetti to me, but then I ride a Cham.

Northwind

Might do. Might not. TBH I had a Soul before I ever tried a 456, and every time I rode my mate’s 456 after that all I could think was “This is a bit like a Soul without any of the good bits.” Just a big dead lump of a thing. But then I am a fanboi.

TBH, the big difference for me wasn’t the geometry or the weight, it’s just the feel of the thing. Ironically my C456 felt quite Soul-ish despite riding pretty differently, and my Ragley Ti’s got the same “WOO RIDING BIEKS!1oNE!” feel to it where the steel 456 (and my BFe) always just felt a bit “Riding bikes? OK then”

That’s a bloody brilliant review, that. I should go pro.

nickc

wow, it’s like reading a magazine….

and I mean that most sincerely 😉

angryratio
    Free Member

Northwind..
    I’d buy the mag that prints reviews like that, although I’m sure it was called Dirt last time I checked (and thanks) It’s not often something tangible that feels right on a bike so i think you’ve summed that up well
    with “WOO RIDING BIEKS!1oNE!”

Northwind

It’s kind of like a Steve Jones review, except that at the end it’s possible to tell whether I liked it or not.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘456 steel to a Cotic Soul Classic’ is closed to new replies.