Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 456 Sizing
  • bikerdan
    Free Member

I haven’t posted for a few years and can’t remember my previous username but have been lurking.

I’m about to buy a 456 Evo but am unsure about the size. I’m 5’6″ with a 30″ inside leg, should I go for a 14 or 16 frame? I’m siding on the 16 but thought I’d asked for opinions from the collective. Will I be too stretched out or will a short stem be fine?

brant
    Free Member

If you’re riding around get a 16
    If you’re stunting about get a 14

hora
    Free Member

I didn’t get on with a 18″ at all yet I love the 16″ 456’s..

(I’m 6ft1.7). Preferences…..test ride one!

brant
    Free Member

Ignore Hora

thomthumb
    Free Member

Ignore Hora

general all round good advice there. 😉

binners

Hora – you’re a good few inches taller than me, yet ride a smaller frame. This is what you look like

😛

tizzzzle
    Free Member

I’m 5’7″ with a 30″ inside leg and ride a 16″ 456 Summer Season – It is pretty much perfect with a 45mm stem and 100mm forks.

hora
    Free Member

brant – Member
    Ignore Hora

Shut it shopkeep’ 😆

bikerdan
    Free Member

It’s going to be a general xc bike so think I will go 16″.

A couple of other questions
    – BB Shell on the Evo, is it 68mm or 73mm? (main text says 73 but spec says 68)
    – Dropouts, are they horizonal or vertical (spec says horizontal but pic shows vertical)

I would test ride one but don’t know anyone with one. I’m down south so can’t visit the showroom. I’m also going for a semi-impulsive purchase and I poised over the buy button.

Thanks

tk46hal
    Free Member

Deffo 16!

brant
    Free Member

I’m sorry – specs are wrong. Have requested correction.

73mm, English, ISCG05, vertical dropout.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

I’m 6’3 with maybe a 35″ish inside leg. I ride an 18″ 456, I’m happy with the fit.

doubledunter
    Free Member

30″ inside leg and 5’6 with a 14″ 456 SS ..personal preference I suppose 🙂

br
    Free Member

I’m 6’3 with maybe a 35″ish inside leg. I ride an 18″ 456, I’m happy with the fit.

And a 500mm seatpost?

jimmers
    Free Member

I’m a 5’7″ short arse. Inside leg 29.5″. I have a 16″ c456 with an in-line post and a 50mm stem. The setup is spot on for me.

yunki
    Free Member

5’8 16″ frame inline post 50mm stem.. mrs yunki is 5’4 and reckons she needs a stepladder to get on it.. standover height is no good for her either.. (she rides a 14″ Kona FWIW)

MrOvershoot

I’m 6’3″ and ride a 20″ steel 456 & a 20″ Ti 456.

But strangely also ride an 18″ mmmBop which seems more fun??

bikerdan
    Free Member

16″ 456 is now in the process of being built. Just need to decide on a chainset and get a seatclamp that fits. Thanks for all the advice. Pic to follow.

mudsux
    Free Member

29.8mm or 30.0mm clamp iirc.

I’m the same height as you and ran it with 90mm 0 deg stem and inline seatpost.

n-joy.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘456 Sizing’ is closed to new replies.