• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by RRD.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 456 or soul
  • deep_river
    Free Member

What is your fav?

Ta

wwaswas

steel 456 vs soul?

I’d go for soul – 456 is a bit of an unforgiving lump that handles really well.

I ended up with a choice between carbon 456 and soul and I went for the carbon. Mainly because I’d had about 6 steel hard tails in a row and wanted to try something different – I loved the handling on my steel 456 but not the beatings up on long rides.

Amos
    Free Member

Soul! Why?

saladdodger
    Free Member

I have a 456 and a Cotic Simple

the 456 is a holigan of a bike and the Simple is er well it makes me ride in a safer manner, it just handles differently

But yes the back end of the 456 is HARSH compared to the simple ( with the same tyres)

I would love to have a Soul but I cannot afford / justify it, but between a Carbon 456 and a Soul

Sorry the soul would win again

deep_river
    Free Member

well, looking to get a HT that is ok on the XC and trails,

can afford 456, soul a bit more, just pondering really

wwaswas

If the soul’s too much dosh have a look at a decade versa – I’ve just got one of those (cyclesurgery had a few at £240) – fabulous frame, really can’t praise it enough – great handlign but a really forgiving ride as well. Probably better with a 120mm or less fork, tbh – my 130mm TALAS was just too long.

I’d say unless you needed the longer travel it handles as well as a steel 456 but with a far better quality of ride.

oh, and Cotic’ve got BFe’s ‘cheap’ at the mo too I think…

gratuitous shot;

stevede
    Free Member

Soul if you can afford it, my inbred was much harsher than my Soul (guessing the 456 will be similar)

saladdodger
    Free Member

stevede – Member
    Soul if you can afford it, my inbred was much harsher than my Soul (guessing the 456 will be similar)

er no I think my 456 is harsher than my old inbred

stevede
    Free Member

In that case definately go for the soul, nice springy back end but still plenty strong and stiff enough, geometry spot on for a trail bike, mines built up with pikes,wide bar and short stem and makes a great tough trail bike but the frame is also light enough to work as an out and out xc bike with a few different compnent choices.
    Would’ve thought the BFe would be more comparable with a 456 than a Soul, especially if your on a budget, would still stick with Cotic though.

RRD
    Free Member

I’d go for a Soul if you can afford it. Whilst the 456 is undoudtely a great bike I’ve always felt it looks a bit rough with the ugly seatstay welding, whereas I’ve always liked the look of the Soul.

Mind you, I’ve ridden neither so ignore my comments.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘456 or soul’ is closed to new replies.