Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Old On-One 456 geometry? – What fork?
  • Speeder

Thinking about buying an On-One 456 of some vintage (it’s got v brake bosses) – anyone know what length fork it was designed for?

Cheers

Gary

goldenwonder
    Free Member

umm, the clue’s in the name really. It was designed to run 4,5 or 6″ travel forks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

100Mm as xc
    125Mm as middle of the road
    150Mm as laid back fun

shifter
    Free Member

My old 456 was great with 130 Revelations.

Speeder

umm, the clue’s in the name really. It was designed to run 4,5 or 6″ travel forks

Ok thanks – I had not made the connection. Rebas or short Revs it is then – anyone got a qr version of either (120/130/140) going cheap?

shifter
    Free Member

A uturn Pike would be good too.

Speeder

Pike no good as I need a qr fork as I’ve only got qr wheels to go on it – this is a parts bin special for winter/carting kids about bike so trying to not buy too much where it can be helped

cp

Mine works great at 140mm travel.

I use QR TALAS – 120 is nice for steep uphill, but I generally find 100mm to be twitchy & lowers the front end too much (for me).

sv

Rigid fork perhaps?

Nobby

My old 456 was great with 130 Revelations.

Mine still is with 90-130 u turn Revelations 🙂

tony_m
    Free Member

Rigid fork perhaps?

Kona P2 29ers seem to work very nicely indeed. 8)

brant
    Free Member

Thinking about buying an On-One 456 of some vintage (it’s got v brake bosses)

Wow. I have a drawing here from 2007 which shows bolt on canti bosses. Don’t remember that at all!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I ran mine with 130mm menja’s and it was great, with 150mm Z1’s it was brilliant, if a little tall and laid back but then they’re almost an inch taller than 150mm Rev’s. With that much travel you start cashing cheques the back end can’t handle, about 130mm seemed much more useable.

Nobby

2008 vintage – still have the bolt on bosses somewhere.

IMGP0928

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I think mine’s an 08? Red one, the same as Nobby’s only not quite as clean!
    Couldn’t sell it, so currently rebuilding it as a cheap hack bike.
    I’m running rubbish Manitou Shermans on it, QR for the same reason as Speeder, but they were silly cheap on ebay.

tony_m
    Free Member

2005 vintage – has the holes, but came as a complete bike with BB7’s so I didn’t get the bolt-on bits to go in them!

cp

Can’t remember when I bought mine, 2005 or 2006 – but it’s got the bolt on boss mounts as above. Blimey, I’ve had that bike ages 🙂

shifter
    Free Member

A 130 rev in action:

105-0520_IMG by woldspinner, on Flickr

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Is the older on one inbred the same geometry as the 456?
    I have an inbred with ve brake bosses and rigid on one fork for road stuff, and one of the first Lynskey Ti 456 frames for off road stuff. The 456 has a 140 talas on it. It climbs a bit better with it wound down at 120mm ish but its not terrible at 140 just a bit light on the front climbing. Great with 130 / 140 going down though! 🙂
    Had a steel 456 summer season too all a real hoot to ride.

old 456 steely with 130 vans perfect!

one i sold with custom paint

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Old On-One 456 geometry? – What fork?’ is closed to new replies.