Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 456 EVO owners – a chain guide that fits?
  • franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Wondering if theres any 456 EVO owners out there found an ISCG05 double chain guide that actually fits the frame.

I bought a Blackspire Stinger recently and could not get the thing to fit without fouling on the chain or the chainring bolts. The BB is properly spaced too.

I’d like to make use of the tabs, but am a bit annoyed at this apparent International Standard, which doesn’t appear to be all that standard…

brant
    Free Member

9spd double or 10spd?

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

STATO
    Free Member

There is nothing wrong with the standard, just frame designers that fail to apply it properly. I think on the 456’s (not certain on evo) the chainstay gets in the way of getting the offset right, so you have to space the cranks out further. On my 456ss i had to file a big chunk out the chaindevice as it hit the chainstay.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

It certainly would have worked if I’d spaced the cranks out more. Don’t fancy doing that though.

jambon
    Free Member

What cranks are you using?

I find that my 2×9 SLX works great on any frame I’ve used but trying to use a Race Face 3×9 in 2×9 + bash guise didn’t work – always fouled no matter what spacer combination I used. The SLX 2×9 has a Q that is designed for its intended purpose.

Maybe the new 456 is different – stinger works great on my c456 with SLX 2×9.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

9 speed SLX double and bash.
    When it was on, it was dead clear another drive side spacer would have sorted it out, but theres only meant to be the one, for that size BB shell, according to Shimano

Doug
    Free Member

I bought a Blackspire Stinger recently and could not get the thing to fit without fouling on the chain or the chainring bolts. The BB is properly spaced too.

Then space it improperly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘456 EVO owners – a chain guide that fits?’ is closed to new replies.