• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by sv.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 456 Evo how does it ride?
  • hora
    Free Member

No offence meant but for me the 456 is lead-heavy on the rear. Thats IMO/personal experience.

Apart from the angles/same grade-steel anymore rear end compliance or same same?

h4muf
    Free Member

Grabs some bicckies…

ampthill

Does lead heavy mean not very compliant?

andyl
    Free Member

Not answering your question but may I jump the gun and suggest a C456 with a Works headset to give you the same geometry as a 456 evo?

woody2000

I think the marketing bumph say it all really?

It’s not flexy. It’s stiff, responsive and ‘pointy’[/u]. And for bikes that are hopefully going to be used and abused within an inch of their lives, DN6 offers a unique kind of muted kickback when you’re out and about clouting it here, there and everywhere. Your longer travel suspension fork and fat tyres can deal with the comfort issues[/u], the 456 EVO’s frame mutes any residual sting, leaving you on track and pinning it for as many hours as you’re allowed out of the house

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d say my 456 was solid rather than dead. There wasn’t the flexyness of a steel XC bike, but it wasn’t lively like a stiff aluminum frame. Not a necessarily a bad thing, but it wasn’t for me.

Euro
    Free Member

Mine is solid too. It’s a little harsh when seated over rough ground, but just the right amount of flex when standing and blasting about (mine’s a 20″ frame – so the longer tubes might have play a part). I don’t think i’d like a bike to flex any more to be honest.

brant
    Free Member

Apart from the angles/same grade-steel anymore rear end compliance or same same?

Same tube gauges so should ride exactly the same in terms of feel.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No offence meant but for me the 456 is lead-heavy on the rear

That’s just yer fat arse. 😛

wwaswas

Carbon 456’s on offer over at on-one….

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It would probably be worth trying one for a couple of weeks…

hora
    Free Member

They aint in stock wwaswas

sv

Hora nows your chance 🙂

dantsw13
    ton

Hora, just remember to get a frame size that fits 20 INCH!!!!!!
    then it might feel right when you ride it. 😆

hora
    Free Member

Wwaswas YGM

sv

No get an 18inch then you can sell it to me in January 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘456 Evo how does it ride?’ is closed to new replies.