Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 456 bent mech hanger
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Just found my 456 which had fallen over and bent the mech hanger. I've bent it back 95% straight and it's working OK apart from not getting up to the biggest ring on the cassette, will try and do the last bit later.

Anything else that I should bear in mind?

wwaswas

if the paints cracked then a bit of somethign to cover up the bare metal would be worth doing.

If it's the first time it's happened it shoudl be ok, if it keeps happening it'll just snap one day when it bends or you try and straighten it.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Any decent LBS will have a hanger alignment tool and it should be very cheap to get it spot on.

Either than or last time I bent mine I found an old Shimano hub axle had the same thread, so I screwed it in and carfully tweaked the hanger straight again. Having the axle sticking out sory od magnifies the bend, so you can see how to bend it back, if you see what I mean.

Otherwise, it'll be fine! 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 697 - The Sprunnng! Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 697 - The Sprunn...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

buy a hanger alignment tool, theyr about £35 on wiggle, I borrowed one once, even on a hanger I thought was straight it tweaked it slightly and improved the sifting.

Basicly a big arm you bolt into the hanger, locate the other end on a point on the wheel rim, and turn the wheel.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Thanks guys…… will prob nip down to LBS to let them do the final tweaking. Good excuse to have get another 456 frame in 'just in case' 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘456 bent mech hanger’ is closed to new replies.