Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 450 mm carbon fork for inbred 29 er any one done it ?
  • wicki
    Free Member

I would like to turn my inbred 29er into a faster handling commuter my idea is to fit the planet x carbon fork with AC of 450mm do you think it will work anyone already done it ?

sideshow
    Free Member

I tried a 470mm singular steel fork on my inbred 29, it handled fine until I bent it landing too many drops 🙂

No experience of what 450 would be like on the inbred. But, I have fitted my commuter with a much shorter (non travel compensated) rigid fork than the sus fork it originally came with, and it’s way more fun to ride than before. Super twitchy, easy to weight the front and ride crazy tight corners, I can almost drift on tarmac. Almost 😉

Northwind

I think the one in my Scandal is 460, works very well- 450 would be fine too though especially for commuter use (I wouldn’t be trying to change the handling too much tbh, I’d let it ride how it’s designed to, it’ll be good on tarmac too)

Having said that… I bought a boardman hybrid frame and fork for barely more than the price of a decent carbon fork, makes more sense than a commuter inbred imo!

emyr

I’m running a 456Evo 26er with Kona P2 468mm forks as a commuter. Feels ok on 1.35″ slicks but I’m thinking of fitting some Big Apples for a bit more comfort.

wicki
    Free Member

thanks all for the comments …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘450 mm carbon fork for inbred 29 er any one done it ?’ is closed to new replies.