Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 44mm headtube- headset replacement
  • mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

So I have a NP mega with a Nukeproof headset that is utter carp, the lower assembly is external upper is internal(44IESS KIT) , I’m just going to change the lower cup and bearings for something more substantial like hope etc also I am running a straight 1 1/8 steerer so looking at pick n mix hope stuff on CRC shows loads but they don’t use the same codes as Hope use , also it doesn’t say if they come with bearings and crown race for the reduced steerer size ,

I’m confused about all this so can someone link to what I exactly need??

I reckon it’s about £30 for what I need and it doesn’t matter what shop as long as they are pretty good at shipping/ have items in stock

I was for the time being going to use the headset but I need a different crown race and/ or lower bearings to use with the 44 nukeproof lower headset cup from the original 44IESS that’s on the bike now

nealy
    Free Member

This http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=114

Or this http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=539

Decent quality bearings that are easily replaceable. Most headsets are very similar so no point getting a fancy one

matther01
    Free Member

IMO stick with hope. Just done the same with my bottom cup and found them very helpful if you email them with your query.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I run the same headset on my BFe, with a 1 1/8 fork (not had any issues yet myself). My thinking was that the equivalent Hope cup is cup B, although it isn’t ‘external’ like the NP one.

What’s gone with the NP? The bearing itself? I usually just swap out the bearings themselves these days, much cheaper.

passtherizla
    Free Member

H bottom cup from hope with straight steerer adapter. B is not the right part it is inetgral Zero stack you need tradition external bottom cup.

H cup

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Sorted now guys it was the crown race i needed for the nukeproof headset but decided to change it as it was rubbish

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘44mm headtube- headset replacement’ is closed to new replies.