Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 42T Shimano expander – anyone tried Uberbike?
  • bounce

Got to finally give in and buy an expander ring for my 1x setup on the hardtail, just not fit and strong enough to hack it in the Peak even with a 30T ring. Uberbike seem to be the cheapest 42T ring available – has anyone tried theirs and can comment?

Any other recommendations welcome, most cheaper ones seem to be 40T only tho – not that it’s a big deal, I just need all the help I can get!

Looking to follow what seems to be the normal route with an XT 11-36 cassette and a 16T cog, Bird look like the best folk to get the latter from?

Thanks in advance!

johnnystorm

I’m using and rsp one I bought from high on bikes through eBay. Works well and comes with a longer b tension screw. There are some a2z ones on ebay for 35 with a 16t included.

Rickos
    Free Member

Got an email off commencal today advertising this set up. Theirs includes the front narrow wide ring too though. 99 Euros for front ring, 42 tooth, 16 tooth and long b screw. What’s that, about £75?

http://www.commencal-store.co.uk/PBSCCatalog.asp?ActionID=67174912&PBCATID=2755338

bounce

Cheers guys, have pushed the button on the uberbike and Bird combo so will see how that goes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘42T Shimano expander – anyone tried Uberbike?’ is closed to new replies.