Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • 41 tomorrow….
  • loddrik
    Free Member

No one cares. Except my kids. I’ll get a cake. (Wistfully remembers a time when I received a birthday present. If I want a present nowadays I’ll have to buy one myself. On the sly obviously, so I don’t get a bollocking from the wife…) 🙁

qwerty
    Free Member

Congratulations, your past half way to 80!

crikey
    Free Member

I can just about remember being 41, suck it up sonny!

zippykona

That’s sad.

maxtorque

we all get old, nothing you can do about it. So we have two choices, stand (or sit…;-) in the corner feeling sorry for ourselves, or get out their and enjoy life!

I was 40 a couple of weeks back, and decided that 2014 is the year i’m gonna become a proper “ripper” on a bike, and thanks to a bit (ok a lot!) of help from our favourite Herts based bike skills Jedi, i’m getting there:

😉

“Old” is just a state of mind………

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

to get really depressed just think of the number of summers left…..i’m 40 soon so probably got 35-40 if i’m lucky…..most of them will be wet!

jedi

We only get okd if we stop riding bikes

voodoo_chile

Birthday greetings old timer !

coolhandluke
    Free Member

41 isn’t old, if you are still riding bikes like a kid,

However, if you are playing golf…..

chewkw
    Free Member

41, bloody hell young man.

😆

pondo

I’m 41 this year – easier to say than to be at ease with the idea, but it’s just a **** number, and we can’t do nothing about it. Onwards and upwards… 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

41….hmmm close enough to remember your 30s but 50 beckons muhuwahha

Have a good one anyway

jambalaya
    Free Member

I didn’t start riding mountain bikes till I was 45. If you think your body has deteriorated since you where 31 just wait till 51. Keep active and keep positive, it’s essential 🙂

Happy Birthday for tomorrow

Drac

It’s just a number don’t worry about it. My wife hasn’t bought me a Birthday present for a few years, it doesn’t matter as I buy what I want when I want anyway.

darrell
    Free Member

dont remember being 41

slackalice
    Free Member

Youth of today eh?! 😉

Happy birthday for tomorrow. 😀

Mine on Friday, plus 10 years…

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Bloody youngsters!

My next one starts with a 5!

totalshell

41 pah.. youngster, your dont know when your well off.. imagine been 51..and bald… and fat.. worse still so will be your mrs!

IanW
    Free Member

41 is a fine age, enjoy it.

As the marshalls on the Kielder used to say “its all downhill from here”.

jools182
    Free Member

I was 42 last week

If it’s any consolation I’ve never had a decent birthday present. 18th, 21st and 40th were all greeted with spectacularly underwhelming and sometimes completely bizarre gifts. 40th passed with knob all from Dad, mum said she’d get me something later which never happened and a gift voucher from brother.

I did promise myself a Nicolai for my 40th and I’ve still not got enough cash

I say save the money you were going to spend on others thoughtful gifts and get yourself something nice

sbob
    Free Member

Happy Birthday by my watch. 😀

chipster

Many happier returns.
    Treat yourself to something nice. 😀

TiRed

I started mountain biking at 42 and road racing at 45, despite utility cycling all my life. Get on and do something you haven’t! But I also chose all my last Christmas presents – and bought them too (and wrapped them), so some sympathy.

soops
    Free Member

The only problem with getting older is that when you fall off it takes longer to heal!
    I am 41 by the way.
    Happy birthday!

gonefishin
    Free Member

You know it’s always puzzled me why grown adults expect a fuss to made of their birthday. There is an age at which you should stop expecting that, and that age is 11!

mogrim

Happy birthday!

And I’m 43 this year, last year at 41 I did my first marathon and first ultra-marathon. So you’re not old.

matt_outandabout

Happy birthday!

Cougar

Merry Christmas.

IHN

40 on Monday. Everyone cares but me.

fasthaggis

Happy birthday,I always thought you were much older.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Happy birthday lodders. Get yourself down your local Irish pub for a pint later. 😉

ART

Happy Birthday! 😀 Get yourself something you want. 41 is a fine age (43 here 😉 )

binners

Pfft! Whipper-snapper. You say no-ones noticed your birthday, but surely you should be used to it by now. As a bloke over the age of 40, you don’t actually exist anyway. You are officially invisible to anyone outside your immediate family. And even to them you’re just this grumpy bloke who’s always moaning at them. You didn’t know this already?

Anyway. Happy Birthday buttercup…..

😉

loddrik
    Free Member

😆

Thanks chaps.

yossarian
    Free Member

Happy birthday loddrik. Life begins at whatever age you want it to. 😀

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Happy Pecan Day!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘41 tomorrow….’ is closed to new replies.