Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • 40th Birthday present..
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

I’d go for an experience over a ‘thing’. Actually doing something you’ve always wanted to do or having a nice break away somewhere you’ve always wanted to go will stay with you far longer than some sort of symbolic object or new toy.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP – Guided bike holiday – somewhere you’ve wanted to go but thought was to expensive / you wouldn’t get permission.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Lapland with the kids for my 40th just before xmas.

Northern lights
    Husky sled rides
    Look on my little girls face when she met Santa

Priceless

beamers

For my 40th last year Mrs B gifted the afternoon to myself to go Mountainbiking in the Cairngorms and also gave me a Go Pro.

I was chuffed with that.

davedodd
    Free Member

Nick,
    Nearly a decade ago when I turned 40, Debs bought me a Suunto watch that I’d always wanted. She wasn’t quite as happy when I said I wanted to go the Mam Tor summit to set the altitude on it, as I had a broken arm at the time, and there was about 3ft of snow there!!
    Now I’m on the verge of turning 50, and decided that more than anything I’d like to BE somewhere I’d want to be rather than have a normal present of some sort. As a result I’ll be spending my 50th in Phuket, and can’t wait for it.
    Have something you really want, even if that means waiting until after the day because you can’t think of anything at the moment.

iain1775
    Free Member

Frame building course at the Bicycle Academy?

pondo

I’d go for an experience over a ‘thing’.

“Like”. 🙂 Mrs Pondo bought me a sample flying lesson for mine, and what a fantastic morning that was – we did two take-off-and-landy things, and the pilot did a really good job in allowing me to think I’d landed it myself the second time (I’m sure that couldn’t really have been the case). Really enjoyed it, big fan of doing something over getting a ‘thing’.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I got a thing – shiny new 29er full suss frame
    And am doing a thing – weekend of velodrome coaching and racing.

Nice.

singletracksurfer

40 next year and I think its definitely the time to demand the (MTB) holiday of your choice. Whistler or America for me.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘40th Birthday present..’ is closed to new replies.