Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • 40th Birthday present..
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

So, I’m 40 this year, and my wife has asked me what do I want as a present.
    Trouble is, I’ve no idea what I want…
    So, what would you be asking for?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Coke and hookers.

seavers
    Free Member

Pepsi and hookers?

jekkyl

I’m 40 as well in a few weeks. I’m asking for time off to go cycling.

everyone
    Free Member

New bike?

MartynS

Budget?
    I got 2 olive trees which are just brilliant and amazing.

What’s going to mean something?
    Watch?
    Bike?
    Coke?
    Hookers?

seavers
    Free Member

I’m 40 in a few weeks too. Bought a new kitchen. Do hookers fit kitchens?

seosamh77
    Free Member

go on holiday. you can never have too many holidays!

scotroutes

I was going to suggest some anti-aging cream.

But I see that it’s too late.

Drac

Alps trip.

willard

I asked for a parachute jump. To her credit, the wife got me it, but I have yet to take the company up on it. We had a bit of a falling out last year… I have till march to get it sorted.

kcal

Can’t recall that far back Nick with any clarity — but might have been clothes (nice smart / casual jacket) or decent pair of shoes — bike wise, maybe a top notch work stand..? failing that nice bottle of malt or set of glasses (drinking, not vision).

jamj1974

I’ve been 40 for almost a week and frankly it’s overrated…

The dowager Mrs Jamj (mother) has bought me a days MTB coaching.
    Mrs Jamj (wife) bought me a watch (she thoughtfully had been saving for a while) which was lovely.
    Miss and Masters Jamj bought me a shirt and tie for my new job.
    Brother taking me away for the weekend of cycling once my shoulder is healed

postierich
    Free Member

Bought myself an Omega Seamaster for my 40th as I had always wanted one not realising the servicing costs !!

jamj1974

Bought myself an Omega Seamaster for my 40th as I had always wanted one not realising the servicing costs !!

Ouch…

GrahamS

I’m 40 in April.

I’m going to Whistler for two weeks in March with two good mates (one of whom recently turned 40 and the other turns 40 a month after me).

To celebrate we have two days booked with Powder Mountain Cat Boarding. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

porkscratching
    Free Member

I’m 40 in June. I’ve asked for 5 days off to go on a little cycle tour. Having been to a few 40th dos recently, avoiding actually having to “celebrate” it with anyone seems like the best idea.

lecky94
    Free Member

Im 40 next week, got a lynskey road bike out of it.;-)

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Googles Omega watch service costs and then picks jaw from the floor…….. 😯

One thing I looked into with my Oris watch………….

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Porkscratching – genius, couldn’t agree more! I was 40 last year and legged it… but not before I’d ordered my Tripster.

Teetosugars; First off, 40 isn’t all it’s cracked up to be… I had toyed with a best road bike / best mountain bike, but thinking about it, that’d only be used infrequently – hate the idea of saving something for ‘best’ so went with the Tripster that’s used (and enjoyed) about 4 or 5 times a week. For my 10 cents, I’d suggest something you’ll use and enjoy, so if it’s a watch then something you’ll be happy to wear every day. Life’s for living… 🙂

onewheelgood

When I was 40 I got a Marin Mount Vision. I already had the beard.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I’m 40 in October.. I think Mrs cloudnine is planning to get Me us herself a new kitchen.
    Whoop de doo I’m so excited.

Drac

Having been to a few 40th dos recently, avoiding actually having to “celebrate” it with anyone seems like the best idea.

Had some cracking parties for people’s 40th, had a great weekend for mine.

iain1775
    Free Member

I’m 40 in July – I’ve asked for a MegaAvalanche entry so I spend my birthday in the Alps, without her 🙂

plus-one

Sporty car default ? I did 🙂

JulianA
    Free Member

I asked for a parachute jump. To her credit, the wife got me it, but I have yet to take the company up on it. We had a bit of a falling out last year… I have till march to get it sorted.

Isn’t a parachute jump all about falling out?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I was 40 once. 18 years ago. 😐

thecaptain
    Free Member

I got a unicycle and learnt to ride it. Great fun.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Threesome with a female/male friend of hers you get to pick which one…

😆

MrNice
    Free Member

unfitgeezer – are you getting over your comedown then?

tang
    Free Member

I’ll be working at Bespoked bike show on my 40th this year. Custom 953 frame if all goes well.

corroded
    Free Member

It’s my 40th this year too (quite a few of us it would seem). I don’t need more possessions so I’m taking a couple of weeks to cycle from Montenegro to Slovenia on my own. At this stage of life, time is far more valuable than money to me!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    Alps trip.

You fancy it Lee?
    Round up the usual suspects, and head over for a blast?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

It’s my 40th this year too (quite a few of us it would seem). I don’t need more possessions so I’m taking a couple of weeks to cycle from Montenegro to Slovenia on my own. At this stage of life, time is far more valuable than money to me!

This sounds like a plan, trouble is, I’ve just set up my own business, and if I don’t work, I don’t get paid.
    However, it’s something I should look into…

Huwzy
    Free Member

Was 40 12 months ago, I use to race Motorbike enduro’s so i got a bunch of guy’s that I rode with and against together and had a day’s trial riding in mid Wales. Best birthday yet.
    Hitting 40 is great, you can blame everything on a midlife crisis, getting a Fat bike is my next crisis 🙂

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

It’s my 40th today. I’d planned on a day on the Quantocks with a group of good friends, with a finish in the Bicknoller Inn. However, I buggered my back up on Tuesday, meaning I’ll be spending the day watching telly. Humph.

My wife did ask me earlier this evening, what size road frame I ride. I secretly hope she’s noticed how many times I’ve looked at a certain titanium Salsa frameset.

totalshell

mrs gave me our first kid the day before my 40th.. its her 12th birthday party on sunday.. best birthday present ever .. period.

matt_outandabout

I got a canoe for my 40th….

toppers3933
    Free Member

It’s my 40thin December and I’ve asked for a kayak. Always wanted one. MrsT looked at me like I’d just asked her for coke and hookers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘40th Birthday present..’ is closed to new replies.