Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 40/42" TV recommendations
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Trying to persuade my gf that we should replace the CRT as the sound is going and has weird colour patches in places. Had a look at richer sounds site but not been in store yet. The Panasonic TXL42U5B for £350 and LG 42CS460 at £290 look decent on paper but open to other stockists and opinions. Really the only criteria is good picture quality and being able to run films via our macbook pro (pre unibody version, about 5 years old now)

Ta

ThePinkster

Don’t bother with such a big screen, just sit closer. 😉

falkirk-mark

http://www.johnlewis.com/231546907/Product.aspx

I got one of these its a bit dearer than you mentioned but you can watch netflix etc on it.

properbikeco
    Free Member

plasma if you value picture quality

then just go on price – by which i mean get the best for the amount you are willing to spend

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Look on currys they got a sale on atm, u see iv had no end of hassle with plasmas, as 90% of people dont know you have to “run in” plasma screens to avoid issues in the future, ie red snow or dead pixels. When u get your plasma you have to turn contrast and brightness down below 50 and gradually turn up over a period of hours, my model was 200 i think, and its bin fine, my previous 2 plasmas a sony and a panasonic had “red snow” in the top corners and the itv logo permanently burned into the picture, after talking to a visual engineer he explained why this happened, also there are settings on the tv to try to stop this like the orbit mode and white wash, (made better but returned!!) if you can be arsed running in and not watching a lot of sky sports news or anything with still pictures for long periods then plasma is excellent pic quality, my next one will be a razor thin toshiba led which has won various awards for the best pic quality in class, or spend 250-300 on ebuyer.co.uk ul find amazing bargins on there!!!!

deepreddave
    Free Member

Panasonic plasma. I got the 42″ pm’d by JL for £299 before xmas. You do have to be careful initially but the quality and pic is superb for the price. Plus the best gaming tvs are plasma is you have a ps etc.

MS
    Free Member

LG has no audio output so can’t connect external speakers to it! (just made that mistake!)

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Didital optical ??? My lg in bedroom has one and goes direct into my soundbar??

MS
    Free Member

nope has nothing! I thought it would but turns out it doesn’t so it’s going back tomorrow!

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Any panels on the side that can be flipped open or any rubber plugs my one has a rubber stopper in the opt port i took that out and weyhey!!!

munkster
    Free Member

My lg in bedroom has one and goes direct into my soundbar??

Sorry to (hopefully) hiijack this thread but instead of starting a new thread about it was wondering what the general opinion on these soundbar things is? Been getting more and more irritated by the sound from our 32″ Samsung and have been idly perusing things like this. Any good??

Sorry fontmoss, I’m sure any responses to my Q will be of interest to you too!! 😉

fontmoss
    Free Member

No Worries I’m interested too

cb

look at RGB direct. They have a 40″ Samsung in their sale that gets good reviews. Can’t remember the model but I had a good look at it before I went for a Sony a few months ago.

Cougar

Samsung / Panasonic / Toshiba.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Mines a yamaha one that my bro gave me in exchange for me painting his living room ceiling ; ) anyway, i think it cost him a few hundred quid in a sale but the sound is “amazing”!!!!!! Much better than my old 5.1 setup i had in my living room which was a lg one cant remember the model but it was 180 from argos, but my friend bought a cheeper soundbar off ebay, it sounded like two iphones in a large can of beans!!!! Was terrible!!!!

On the tv front theres 2 42″ lg’s at currys on sale, both full hd led razor thin, one is £329 and the same model but with wifi and is a smart tv is £429 however look on tesco and asda if your not a brand snob im sure ive sin some 42″ for under 240!!!!

properbikeco
    Free Member

don’t get it from currys / pc world

their customer service is the wrong side of shambolic

instead just ask the nice people at john lewis to pricematch it for you and save a lot of heartache

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘40/42" TV recommendations’ is closed to new replies.