• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 40 years on
  • wingnuts

Sitting in the lobby of a grim “quality” inn. Waiting for people who I went to college with. Bet we are all the same plus weight, minus hair! Here till Saturday so will be interesting !

Drac

Any old flings attending? That would make it interesting.

shermer75
    Free Member

I see you…

fasthaggis

Later today..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

john_drummer
    Free Member

Grosse Point Blank?

top film that

bikebouy
    Free Member

Phah, Dear God there was a reason I left skool and NOT kept in touch with any of my Mates!! 😆

Ok, there were a couple, 3 girls and 2 blokes but they’ve faded out now too..

I do wonder though, about 8 years ago I was asked to join FiendsUnited and of the profiles from my old skool there were an alarming number of folks who were wearing trackie bottoms..
    Not for me that…. 😆

franksinatra

That sounds awful. There will be plenty of self promotion and bravado that will slowly turn into self pity and woe as the evening drags on, the cheap wines flows and everyone remembers that they have achieved nothing that they set out to do when full of youthful ambition. This will be followed by regretful ‘copping off’ as people try to recreate that feeling of teenage excitement, only to be slapped back to reality with the appearance of a well developed beer belly or gunt.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

John, yes it is. Superb film, must watch it again some time!

mrblobby
    Free Member

FiendsUnited

Sounds like some league of super villans 🙂

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Cusaqck when he was good, and a top soundtrack !!

CountZero

CF; good call, brilliant film.

wingnuts

Well! No old flames…….. Copious amounts of liquid and a very nice meal. I suppose we have met about 3 or 4 times each in that time. Some amazing similarities, some shared experience some spoky coincidences. Varying from ( and bearing in mind this is a group of 12) two deaths – at 49 and 58, offspring dieing, fortunes made and lost, fortunes made, relationships tried and tested, relationships tried and failed, health good and bad.
    I’m really glad Mrs Wingnuts is coming tomorrow so all the who did you shag stuff is done and the quality of our characters is shining through.
    Made me realise that our personalities probably are set at 17 years of age!
    Been a top night and only two bottles of Glen Livet have been involved so far.
    Tomorrow we visit the campus. And Mrs W arrives. Will I be sober and will they react well when they realise she is a v black Jamaican . I predict they will love her and say I’m a waste of space.

wingnuts

Frank- plenty of bravado, surprisingly little self pity, mainly cause death seems to have been so brutal to some in the group.
    All the women tactfully withdrew (something we never did) so that we could do the who would we stalk on Facebook if we were it literate enough.
    Amazingly not a car crash yet.

Drac

Spooky coincidences you gave are pretty much things that are fairly normal amongst a set of people random or other wise.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘40 years on’ is closed to new replies.