• This topic has 23 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • 4 wheeled DH bike at Cwmcarn
  • LoCo
    Free Member

Thought this might be of interest ITV piece from a few weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6HS4cQi8RY&feature=youtu.be

jairaj

That does mean twice as many shocks? And twice as much servicing for you to perform? 😉

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

A bit like this perhaps?

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Stacy-Kohut-interview-2009.html

But with more “ENDURO”

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

BoardinBob

Saw the guys out in Morzine. very cool

LoCo
    Free Member

Go faster, that’s an old R1 bike, from a Canadian company (no longer in business), the guys from rough riders use them, this one is better in every respect.

Jairaj, 4 shock all independant suspension, custom built and tuned as needs different to 2 wheeled bike.

2nd development bike in early testing atm, wishbones all round and different geometry, should be even faster

Speshpaul

anyone working on a battery assist for these? maybe to heavy to haul them up the hills, but a bit of squirt here and there to keep momentum would be cool

LoCo
    Free Member

It’s uplift only at present, have permission to use on the Port Du Soleil lift now 😀

Designed so can be hand wheeled like a wheelchair and alos has rollers on the rear to put a bike wheel against to push as well, works well with an ebike.

Were testing yesterday at BPW and even managed to past a rider or two

chip
    Free Member

That’s just an old fashioned go cart. There is probably an old leaf spring pram somewhere on bricks.

LoCo
    Free Member

😆 Busted 😆

RickDraper
    Free Member

More importantly is it 650b?! LOL

passtherizla
    Free Member

Rad. I wanna go.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

that’s an old R1 bike, from a Canadian company (no longer in business), the guys from rough riders use them, this one is better in every respect.

Cool. Does this mean you helped with the design?

Is this one decended from the Kohut version?

nickjb
    Free Member

anyone working on a battery assist for these? maybe to heavy to haul them up the hills, but a bit of squirt here and there to keep momentum would be cool

There was one in Les Gets last week. Had two riders. A lady on the front who had limited mobility and a chap stood at the back, a bit like a husky sled, who was driving it. Looked pretty heavy with two people, batteries and motor but it seemed to handle the terrain.

LoCo
    Free Member

Rick, no 26″, although 650 or 29er wheels are best for the pushing assisit rollers 😉

Go faster, yes we have had some input with design and testing as well as building and tuning the shocks.
    I’m not sure of the history tbh the R1 the one in the links you posted is quite different to the one in the OP piece although looking similar initially.
    The 2nd proto being tested at the moment is alot different and will be the ‘Pro’ version

stumpy01

I wonder if you could stick a fairing on this and enter it into the Red Bull Soapbox Challenge?

Although I think that needs two, so it’s have to be made into a tandem!

digga
    Free Member

These guys are total legends.

If I found myself wheelchair bound, I’m not sure if this, or wheelchair rugby looks more fun.

LoCo
    Free Member

haha yes slicks and lower it 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

Another video of bike 1 in Finale a few month ago, gutted I couldn’t make the trip on this one 😥

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Well if I ever end up in a chair I know what my PIP money is going on 😉

Gotama
    Free Member

I’m surprised the users don’t want the bars higher as it looks like they’re really hunched over. Is there a specific reason for the low bar height? All in though its an amazing bit of kit.

LoCo
    Free Member

Partly Weight distribution, you’re sat into the bucket seat with your bum at the bottom and thighs pointing up strapped in to the seat and feet onto the foot plate.
    The bike is designed to be used by people with varied levels of movement so varying levels of support are needed so is quite modular to cater for this.

skindog
    Free Member

It can’t be that fast there was a long queue of riders behind in the ITV piece.

Like being stuck behind a caravan or tractor.

LoCo
    Free Member

Yeah but we’re really fast 😉

On upper sections of the ‘old’ Cwmcarn DH I was struggling to keep up on some sections on my hardtail to give you an idea of the speed possible

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘4 wheeled DH bike at Cwmcarn’ is closed to new replies.