Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 4'' tyres and C02
  • fattyrider
    Free Member

Hi guys having just gone ghetto tubeless on my fatty I now want to ride without a back pack. by this I mean just a frame bag or under saddle bag with tube leavers and possibly a C02 set up .firstly are c02 ok with 4” of rubber and what recommendations would you guys have for purchasing one

Denis99
    Free Member

I haven’t had cause to use mine yet, but I run with a similar system, but 2 x CO2 cartridges, just in case one doesn’t do the job.

Northwind

I needed 3 standard one to do a 4.8, and that still didn’t pop it onto the beads (which was alright, I just rode anyway). Things get seriously bloody cold with 3 cans of c02 though! I decided to test it again at home and froze the valve open, when I tried to close it the entire thing sheared…

bumper
    Free Member

I use 2 on a 4″ tyre but the co2 reacts with the tubeless fluid. So I have to either pump or refill with air and fresh sealant.

fattyrider
    Free Member

have read a few threads saying not to use it as it reacts with stans sealents think ill just get a cheep bracket to carry a pump .

I just really like riding without a backpack on local rides much more comfy

Denis99
    Free Member

Should have mentioned, I run tubeless, but carry a spare tube.

If I get a puncture , then one or two co2 cartridges should inflate the inner tube enough.

Tube is not a proper fat bike tube, something like a Schwalbe 26 x 3 if I recall.

Just need something to get me home really.

Luckily, haven’t had to use in anger yet.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘4'' tyres and C02’ is closed to new replies.