Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 4 season sleeping bags – advice please.
  • sam_underhill

Any suggestions for 4 season sleeping bags? Won’t be used in the depths of winter, but the Mrs likes to be toasty warm and having just been renting some (North Face ones) abroad and sleeping in temperatures sufficient to produce severe frost on the tent we are convinced that buying something at least half decent is a good idea.

Ideally, any bargains you’ve seen would be nice 😉 Or, indeed, anything that we really should avoid.

thanks.

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

Look at alpkit pipe dreams.

phatstanley
    Free Member

if i was in the market and price was a consideration, first one i’d look at is alpkit’s:

http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16417&category_id=286

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Like as lot of things of this nature, you get what you pay for and they can be really expensive.
    I use two systems. A Rab Atlas 1000 which was their cheapest warmest down bag at the time, but quite bulky/heavy, so used mainly for campsites / base camp etc.
    A ME Dewline super lighweight expensive down bag and a ME Dewline down jacket, for winter wild camping / Alps bivis etc..
    In both cases, I alway wear next days clean base layers, socks and beanie to keep the bags clean.

If you’ve got the money, then PHD.

sam_underhill

sweet. Thanks. Alpkit stuff looks good and keenly priced.

chiefgrooveguru

I have a couple of early Alpkit 4 season down bags – really great, especially for the money!

Anna-B
    Free Member

I have just bought a UK military 4 seasons sleeping bag, and I’m impressed with it. It’s big and really cosy, has a hood, comes with compression sack. They’re pretty cheap, mine was £15/20.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘4 season sleeping bags – advice please.’ is closed to new replies.