Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 182 total)
  • 4 pints of lager,4 pkts of crisps, and fill my water bottle up said the cyclists
  • stu170
    Free Member

Squagglyknob is clearly a camel.

squoglybob
    Free Member

No not a camel, I just don’t lord it over other people expecting them to fetch and carry my own kit, I mean cycling is one of those sports which doesn’t require much of an uptake in fluid right, you know like golf and tiddlywinks, it’s not like you sweat or have to replace vital fluid.

So why not just walk out the door with an empty bottle and just pass it to some one beneath you to top up.

That’s the trouble, on the 19th Hole they probably do blow smoke up your Arse, giving it the “I,m considerably richer than yaw” over the bar. Pork scratchings and a pint of mild in my personalised tankard please tender, oh wait is Le Tour on, best get down to the pub in my Lycra and have one of those working class folk fill my bottle while I talk really loud about KOM,s, Grand Designs and bike carriers for Audi cabriolets.

Oh how the other half live

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

**** hell. You’re actually insane.

squoglybob
    Free Member

Yes I know, don’t worry though I’ll be purchasing a bottle and pissing people off soon though just like the rest of you,

It’s funny how everyone thinks it’s acceptable,

iain1775
    Free Member

Wow someone really has a chip on their shoulder, haven’t read such senseless rants since the days of the mad bearing man

taxi25
    Free Member

Mods. Can we end this thread, there’s no fun watching someone with a mental illness implode 🙁

squoglybob
    Free Member

That’s a good idea, in fact re brand the whole site while your at it, don’t just stop at closing threads, call for a change of name from Singletrack to singleminded, that’ll trump a thread closer, imagine how good you would look in front of the wannabes,

It’s not like there’s anything on here relating to Singletrack topics, just landed gentry and their carbon road bikes and narrow minded views on the lower classes tending to their needs. It’s come to something when a rider can’t conduct the most basic of tasks himself.

RustySpanner

Oi Binners!
    I (vaguely) remember all the taps being turned off in the Hacienda bogs to encourage the pilled up punters to buy an overpriced drink from the surly barstaff.
    🙂

Time to let it go man….

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I vaguely remember all the taps being turned off in the Hacienda bogs

You’d be reet upset if you’d been for a poo and your finger had gone through the paper…

binners

I couldn’t possibly comment. I was off my tits the whole time, and only drank triple brandy and cokes I wasn’t paying for 😉

Had someone approached the bar to get their water bottle filled and called the police when refused, they’d never have found the body

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

You are Bez and I claim my £5.

I went to Bowlers. They didn’t turn off the taps or owt 😀

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

there’s no fun watching someone with a mental illness implode

I respectfully disagree

binners

And I resent the ‘surly’ accusation. You try being surly after that much MDMA 😀

RustySpanner

😀

nickc

4 litres in a 100miles, blimey are you not weeing constantly? 😯

butcher

So what your saying then is that it is perfectly acceptable to hop on a bike with insufficient rations to complete a lengthy ride?
    That as far as I’m concerned is a wholly selfish act.
    And that it is perfectly acceptable that others should cater for your own self importance?

What the actual ****?

Have you never seen a shop before?

aracer
    Free Member

I’ll have you know that the butler has his limits. I did ask though.

fatbobb
    Free Member

This thread is brilliant. So brilliant I have opened another beer and got some snacks out to keep me going. On a school night too. carry on, carry on.

RustySpanner

True about turning the taps off though.
    Money spent on booze is money more usefully employed elsewhere.
    Downstairs, usually.
    🙂

My mate Deeks once drank a pint of his own piss in the queue for the bog/tap combo.
    He won a tenner from the bloke behind us in the queue though, so it wasn’t all bad

It’s always an option for any long distance Audaxers reading.

binners

Can someone fill my water bottle?

Do you know who I am?

aracer
    Free Member

It sounds like Rusty’s mate Deeks could

ianfitz
    Free Member

The cafe at whinlater refused to fill my bottle. And I’d bought food.

I was all ready to be outraged when the girl explained that as it was filthy (and usually are ) the manager had stopped it because, let’s face, it the staff do need clean hands.

The solution was for her to give me three glasses of water to do it myself!

Which was fine.

Cool story or what!

sbob
    Free Member

Where would you prioritise his request on the list of things you presently need to do?

I’d quite happily take the thirty entire seconds it would take me to fill four water bottles and then serve the next person.

squoglybob – Member

It’s funny how everyone thinks it’s acceptable,

Why the **** wouldn’t it be?
    I have a practically endless supply of practically free water. Why would I not help another human being out?

The world would be a much nicer place if arseholes stopped being arseholes just because they can be.

dbcooper
    Free Member

FFS you lot.

toppers3933
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf3aJx7D7YA[/video]

davidjey
    Free Member

On a LEJOG way back in 2002, we regularly just knocked on the doors of peoples houses and asked for water.

Interested to know if relying on the kindness of strangers is more or less of a hanging offence than purchasing goods and asking nicely for some water in a pub/cafe….?

Yak

Never been refused water for bottles in any café/bar/pub when I’ve been in for food. Not that I stop much nowadays – rides are usually short and quick now. The other good sources of water I used to rely on are the gardeners taps out the back of churches, or edge of town cemeteries in France – always a tap by the gate.

funkrodent

Blimey, this one looks like it will run and run. Lots of good stuff here!

binners – Member
    But then again, you’re not really that interested in rational discussions are you? Not when there’s insults, assumptions and invective to be thrown around eh?
    Are you new here?

Sadly not. But perhaps guilty of poking the big bear with a stick. My input into this is if you’ve entered a pub, bought a drink and snack and want to fill your water bottle, why not? Actually asking the staff to fill your bottle for you? Maybe not, but certainly asking for a pint of water and then filling the bottle yourself is fine.

In perspective, I have on numerous occasions (sometimes when cycling, sometimes when walking) gone into a pub and ordered a pint of beer and asked for a pint of water as well. It’s never happened, but if some t**t of a landlord went off on one re the water, he’d be getting it back and then some.

And yes, fwiw I’ve worked behind the bar in numerous busy restaurants/bars, clubs and pubs over the years

nedrapier

Actually asking the staff to fill your bottle for you? Maybe not, but certainly asking for a pint of water and then filling the bottle yourself is fine.

I can imagine some landlords preferring to fill your bottle. You’ve just dirtied a pint glass for no reason.

scandal42
    Free Member

What a sad world we live in when occasionally relying or depending on your fellow man is seen as such a horrific crime.

It’s to be expected in an advanced country full of horrible pricks who couldn’t give a shit about anyone else or can’t see the beauty or opportunity that may arise from helping each other.

I have travelled in so many countries that have been through various degrees of utter shit and oppression where people would be utterly embarrassed if they felt people couldn’t ask for water, water would be the very least you would receive.

In Guatemala I asked a random fellow where the local drinking tap was in a small village and he took me and my mate back to his house and insisted we had drink and food with him.

It’s a different scenario that started this topic but **** me, this country can be so outrageously pathetic.

The horses are a lot smaller in Central America as well.

scandal42
    Free Member

I can imagine some landlords preferring to fill your bottle. You’ve just dirtied a pint glass for no reason

Indeed, I think I must have just taken it for granted that filling a bottle is very similar in effort to filling a pint glass, turns out it’s quite a different beast.

binners

I’ve been thinking about this, and I now have an enormous amount of respect for these people who, despite possessing disabilities so severe that it prevents them from operating a tap, They somehow manage to still get out cycling.

Its very humbling.

scandal42
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking about this

Really?

atlaz
    Free Member

What a sad world we live in when occasionally relying or depending on your fellow man is seen as such a horrific crime.

Exactly. Why wouldn’t you help a fellow human, particularly if it required little or no noticeable effort?

binners

In answer to the question I’ve asked twice, but no-one has answered: Have any of the ‘its my legal right, blah, blah, blah….’ lot ever worked behind the bar of a busy pub? One that’s full of people drinking, and ordering meals, at the busiest period of the week?

Maybe you should try it, then see how you’d feel about some lycra clad cockwomble (possibly disabled) handing you 4 water bottles to fill, while they sat drinking pints and eating crisps

Just a thought.

ransos
    Free Member

Have any of the ‘its my legal right, blah, blah, blah….’ lot ever worked behind the bar of a busy pub? One that’s full of people drinking, and ordering meals, at the busiest period of the week?

We’re talking about a pub that had time to empty out bottles and have an argument with its customers?

binners

That’s completely different. Arguments, and venting your righteous fury, are an enjoyable, rewarding and pleasing use of your time.

Running around after (possibly disabled) haughty, self-entitled roadies isn’t

scandal42
    Free Member

Have any of the ‘its my legal right, blah, blah, blah….’ lot ever worked behind the bar of a busy pub? One that’s full of people drinking, and ordering meals, at the busiest period of the week?

Maybe you should try it, then see how you’d feel about some lycra clad cockwomble (possibly disabled) handing you 4 water bottles to fill, while they sat drinking pints and eating crisps

Just a thought.

Mmmmm sounds similar to the drivers who are so scared shitless they might be held up by 30 extra seconds because of a cyclist that they just pretend you aren’t there and nearly smash you into a ditch, do you sympathise with these people who don’t have the time as well?

Filling a few bottles takes no time at all, filling them and then emptying them because you are a prick takes double the time.

We don’t know how busy it was, but we do know they had time to empty the bottles.

ransos
    Free Member

That’s completely different. Arguments, and venting your righteous fury, are an enjoyable, rewarding and pleasing use of your time.

Running around after (possibly disabled) haughty, self-entitled roadies isn’t

So having argued that the pub didn’t have time to fill up water bottles, you’re now saying that’s because their time was taken up with important more important matters, such as having an argument.

When you’ve worked out your story, come back to us.

binners

Its not too difficult to get your head around. You don’t generally plan arguments. They just happen. That’s the soaring, majestic joy of them. One minute its a normal, boring stressful day, and then BOOM … the next minute you’re watching the faux outraged look on some whiney middle class cockbag’s grid as you cackle at him like a demented thing, while over-dramatically pouring HIS water all over the floor, then nonchalantly calling him a ginger **** for good measure, to secure your moral victory

Surely everyone would make time in their busy schedule for such joyous life-affirming encounters?

If you wouldn’t then you have no soul

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 182 total)

The topic ‘4 pints of lager,4 pkts of crisps, and fill my water bottle up said the cyclists’ is closed to new replies.