Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • 4 hours on the roadbike……………….how boring…………..;o)
  • Smuzzy
    Free Member

Thought so, at first I thought it was Jay Leno 😆

ton

same hair colour, and puffy jowels……….. 😆

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

So I find riding on the road boring as well, but that's on my MTB with semi-slicks. Why would it be any less boring on a road bike? Is it cos I'd go faster (how much faster would I need to go?) & surely the fitness thing's down to effort not speed?
    Naa, I don't 'get' it either.

lowey

Thats it. Your a pit for Jay mate.

As for road riding, I'd rather explore your nostril with my index finger. Its just not for me. Fair play to all your roadies though. Its all about getting out and exercising. Just whatever floats your boat.

0091paddy
    Free Member

Said it before, but if one isn't any good at road cycling, and lacks a decent level of fitness, then it's bound to be boring for them. Just lay off the pies and ale and you'll soon speed up.

cheers_drive

Just back from 100k ride taking in a few hills and the fantastic descent down Cheddar Gorge (narrowly avoiding the camper van which was coming up it in the middle of the road 8O). It was pretty hard as I'm not so fit at the moment and I'm not the best up hill but it only gets boring if you step off the gas and start dawdling. I guess that's why people who haven't tried a real road bike don't get it (mtbs with slicks a hybrids are not the same as the riding position and gearing doesn't work at speed).
    As for the OP, give it a chance but I guess it's not for everyone just like DH, SS, Track, CX, Cyclo speedwsy………… may not be.

geoffj

Tony, get yerself a GPS like an Edge 305 or 500 with HR strap. You can then set yourself targets and measure your progress. Very useful if you ride on your own.

cheers_drive

hmm. wouldn't have thought it would be that easy to take enough material off all the way around to stop the crown race seating?

It really is that bad, the race drops straight to the bottom and rattles around the steerer.
    Thanks Hopster – I'll give them a ring. Did you go out with Mat today? I went down to Cheddar, it felt really tough today and wanted to give up after 35miles but struggled on to 100k .

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Why anyone wants to sit on a razor blade, with ever bump sending a shock through there spine for 4 hours or more is beyond me. My mate thinks roadies must are all be into S&M ball torture, sometimes I think he must be right. that are they just wont go through a visectomy.

cheers_drive

WTF happened there? I posted on another thread and went here!

zaskar
    Free Member

Did 5hrs on the roadbike with steep hills that took 5mins to climb at walking speed lol.

Other riders waved back no prob too.

Roadriding rocks my socks!

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘4 hours on the roadbike……………….how boring…………..;o)’ is closed to new replies.