Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 4 days in Wales.. what would you do?
  • gt56
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Upcoming Welsh trail centre trip: Thursday to Sunday from Bristol, plan to leave early Thursday morning and back Sunday evening. We have a car and a place in Aberystwyth to use if we like, but not essential. Otherwise camping. Been to cwmcarn/Afan/bpw many times so looking further afield. Any suggestions? We were thinking Brecfa, coed y brenin, possibly Nant y arian. How would you play it? Any advice gratefully received . G

jn49
    Free Member

In addition to what you have mentioned the Climachx Trail at Machynlleth has a great must do final descent and also Llandegla is a great centre.

From memory there wasn’t that much at Nant y Arain, so I would suggest a half day here and then drive to Machynlleth for a half day there, with a full day at Brechfa, Llandegla and CyB.

I suppose it depends on how much driving, what type of riding and how fit you all are as to what will work best

skaifan
    Free Member

Summit trail at Nant yr Arian has some great singletrack. Mark of Zorro is near the end is amazing. Git of a climb at the end. You could get round this in a morning and then head over to Mach and do the Climachx in the afternoon. Climachx is quite short. Penmachno is about a 2 hour drive from Aberystwyth and apparently very good. Snowdon is about 2 hours away but the voluntary bike ban is in place from 10am until 5 so would need an early start. Best done on a week day. You’ve got Antur Stiniog and Coed y Brenin too. You could spend all day at Cyb

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lardman
    Free Member

Penmachno
    Nant yr Arian
    Dothie Valley
    Brechfa

gt56
    Free Member

Great, thank you all. Looks like brechfa and CYB are a go. Cheers

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’d love to re-visit the Dolgellau area, where we lived for a few years in the early 1980s, loads of cat4 hills around Cadair Idris and the odd cat2/3 with stunning views to tackle on the road bike.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘4 days in Wales.. what would you do?’ is closed to new replies.