Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 4 days in snowdonia what to ride?
  • gus
    Free Member

Hi staying in Snowdonia for 4 days at the end of the month.
    Not been to the area for years. Last time I went Coed y Brenin was just a forest and no one had heard of a trail centre!
    Staying with non bike friends, but hope to get at least 2 rides in.
    So what do you recommend?

lehutch
    Free Member

Depend what your after really but I reckon The Beast at CYB and Llandegla would be how I would spend 2 of my days.

summittoppler
    Free Member

Or something natural like Drum/Cowlyd/roman road?
    Or the monthly forum ride up Conwy Mountain
    http://northwalesmtb.proboards.com/

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gus
    Free Member

Not really sure what I’m after to be honest.
    Love riding natural trails, but have no problem with trail centres.
    More interested in riding good trails, than epic distance.

chakaping
    Free Member

The Beast is a brilliant ride, with loads of great sections of trail on it.

It combines the MBR and Dragons Back trails at CyB into a long but quite manageable loop.

Penmachno is another local trail centre, much more basic – just a car park and honesty box facilities-wise, but with some great trails which feel very natural in parts.

Definitely worth doing both loops there (with loop 2 being an add-on to loop 1 about half way round). The final few descents are brilliant.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Rangers path would be top of my list, did it 2 years ago, going back later this year

highclimber
    Free Member

Penmachno, CyB (Minotaur, Beast, Dragons back), Marin, Snowdon (if there’s no snow.

That’s three days good riding right there.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Pont Scethin is a good natural ride, so is Snowdon (obviously). CyB is good, but it’s a trail centre like all the others and you dont get much of a view. Good option in bad weather though.

But you’d be mad to spend all your time split between CyB and Llandegla IMO.

Capel Curig, up the old trail in Ogwen, over to Trewfiw and back to Capel Curig is a good, techie ride.

Depending where you are coming from, you could stop off at Cadair Idris or the Clwyds / Berwyns?

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Start outside Conwy in Rowen. Head up past Rhiw YHA and then take the obvious left that leads up to the summit of Drum. Have a flapjack at the top and admire the view. Do your helmet up tight and hold on for the descent because your going to drop 620m in 4k (!) all the way down to Nant Y Pandy. Turn east at Nant y Pandy and pick up the North Wales Path towards Capelulo. Basically you can’t find a bad trail in the network that will lead you back to the car from the ridge above Capelulo. Top ride that one.

professor_fate
    Free Member

Snowdon (Llanberis-Rangers-Telegraph)
    Cadair Idris
    CyB for 2 days
    …works for me, enjoy the area.

gus
    Free Member

Thanks for the ideas, wish I had more than 4 days now!

augustuswindsock

Anyone any idea what the conditions are like on snowdon at the mo’, is it completely snowbound?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘4 days in snowdonia what to ride?’ is closed to new replies.