Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 4 day week imminent . . .
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

me thinks, . . . Legs fitter from more biking.

she’ll think, . . . fitter arms from decorating/gardening.

MTT
    Free Member

make the most of it, look at it as an opportunity to do some things you have been waiting to do. Or help me set up a business.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I think it happened to me and now i have no money, funds are very very tight, just had to sell a bike to fund a computer to replace the laptop that blew the **** up, tight.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You “think” it happened to you?

ourmaninthenorth

I’d like a 4 day week. Some well known employers in my profesison are rolling it out – 4 days on 85% pay.

If it was available here, I’d take it like a shot. At the very least, the same amount of time for riding each week and more time with Mrs North (at least, that’s how I’d sell it at home…).

Enjoy, WHISN, and remember that the best things in life are free..!

theflatboy
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

You “think” it happened to you?

i think… that his reply was continuing the format of the OP.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

85% would be improvement 🙁 I took a 20% cut rather than redundancy however after Tax and Student load repayments etc etc my neet pay is less than 75% of my nett 5 day week pay.

BigDummy
    Free Member

MrsDummy was asked to take an additional 15 days unpaid leave. She went apeshit and refused. “What would I do?!” she asked. I was speechless. 😯

ourmaninthenorth

my net pay is less than 75% of my nett 5 day week pay

That’s an interesting point. It’s not something I’d like to end up with (though my outgoings are pretty straightforward these days).

I’d still love the extra free time, though. Trouble is, Mrs North actively wants to reduce her time spent at work to a three day week. Looks like she might get all the fun at my expense…!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I can’t see how it works out that way OHH – and I’ve just done some calculations to prove it – you must have other deductions – pension?

footflaps

I went down to a 4 day week at the start of this year (my choice).

A 4/3 day split is so much more balanced, can’t see myself going back to a 5 day week again…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Looks like she might get all the fun at my expense…!

The Great Con of professional couples. 😉

ourmaninthenorth

I was speechless.

I bet..!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

MTT . . .

What you wanna do?

I’ve got Graphics/Advertising covered and the missus can sell anything (er except herself, of course!)

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Pension – You must be Joking, i dont have a penny of savings just lots and lots of debt lol.

I dont know how it works al, i guess the pay bracket im in doesnt change how much student loan i repay – or they havent changed the amount yet.

Whichever way it sucks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘4 day week imminent . . .’ is closed to new replies.