Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 3×2 concrete slabs…
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Want **** banning! That is all!

shifter
    Free Member

When I was a teenager I used to sell those in a builders yard, 10stone each as I recall and quite tricky to pick up! How I used to laugh when folk asked for ten and thought they’d be ok in their boot 🙂

pjm84
    Free Member

I need some 3×2 for my garden….! But will not specify any for a project.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Remeber picking a few up in my freelander it was bloody hard work getting them up that high

derek_starship
    Free Member

They are heavier than black holes. I laid a shed base but first,I had to transport nine of the bastarding things from my dad’s house to mine using one of these.

He lived two streets from me – about 500m. I was ****.

monkeyp

Yep and i am sure they are noticeably heavier when wet. I have 30 of them piled up waiting for someone who wants them. After all, they do actually make a good driveway or shed base so it seems a shame to smash them.

nedrapier

shifter, they didn’t do their workings out in excel before they came out, did they? here’s mine, I decided that I’d ratehr shift 8 x 43kgs than 6 x 65kgs. Still needed some spreading out the back of the Mondeo, though!

l (m)—w (m)—d (m)—vol(m3)-kg/m3—kg
    0.45—-0.45—-0.05—-0.01012-2400—-24.3
    0.45—-0.6—–0.05—-0.0135–2400—-32.4
    0.9—–0.6—–0.05—-0.027—2400—-64.8
    0.6—–0.3—–0.05—-0.009—2400—-21.6
    0.6—–0.6—–0.05—-0.018—2400—-43.2

SnS
    Free Member

Just done a shed base this last month. Carrying from front of the house to the bottom of the back garden proved too much like hard work.
    After the third one, I found some old carpet in the garage & attached to the bottom & ‘walked’ the rest.
    Didn’t damage the corners of the slabs, driveway, newly laid stone ….& my back was SO much happier. – Still, I was glad to finish.
    Chris

wrightyson
    Free Member

And I’m laying them “on edge” for a retaining wall scenario. Joy o joy!! 75 down about 35 to go 😐

br
    Free Member

Yep, and I’ve about 40m of them to lay, side by side for a path…

steveoath
    Free Member

Mine will be getting divided into thirds and reused to build a raised bed. I have hunners o’ the bastids.

properbikeco
    Free Member

where do you folks get these from? Expensive to buy at builders merchant

monkeyp

If you are close to kidderminster and can move them, you can have mine. I have about 20 i’d guess

bencooper
    Free Member

Yeah, we’ve got some spare in Glasgow too. I reckon they’re some kind of builder joke.

benjii19
    Free Member

laid some last weekend.

Shifted 2 at a time using a wheelbarrow and hired one of these bad boys
    slab lifter

I cannot recommend it enough, 25 slabs laid in one day

properbikeco
    Free Member

in deepest darkest galloway here but thanks for the offer!

monkeyp

I’ll post them if you pay P&P 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘3×2 concrete slabs…’ is closed to new replies.