Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 3mobile – anyone have experience of using another unlocked phone working on 3?
  • hora
    Free Member

I used an unlocked phone on 3 about 4 years ago- it worked fine for about a month then siezed/locked up. It was mrshora’s phone and at the time 3 explained that their phones were ‘unique’ to their network and would only work if they were originally programmed to 3.

Probably bollocks however any 3 mobile users here who have experience of using/bought an unlocked phone recently on the 3 network? My 3 phone is knackered.

fingers202
    Free Member

yes currently have two unlocked phones on 3, no issues over the past couple of years.

sas
    Free Member

I’m using an unlocked T-mobile broadband dongle on 3. Works fine, except it seems to have stopped working with my T-mobile SIM.

binners

Don’t do it. You’ll definitely die if you do

Don’t say I didn’t warn you

Russell96

Yes got an Nokia N900 running quite fine on them.

Cletus

Hi,

I have used numerous phones with a 3 sim without any issues. These included a Google G1, an HTC HD7 Windows phone and some Samsung thing whose name escapes me.

I did have a probblem with a Bluechip VX1 but it was made clear that it would not work with 3 when I bought it – I tried the simm just out of curiousity.

unovolo
    Free Member

Utter boll0cks ,probably some kind of poor sales pitch.
    Currently using a Lumia 800 on 3 that was originally a contract phone with Vodafone,works just fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘3mobile – anyone have experience of using another unlocked phone working on 3?’ is closed to new replies.