• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by nonk.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 3M heli tape logo showing through
  • fanatic278
    Free Member

I’ve bought some 3M™ 8671 HS tape to protect my frame. I’ve applied it beautifully to my frame, but when viewed at an angle I can still see the feint 3M logo along the length. It’s not obvious but still annoying enough to bother my OCD.

Is this normal?

Poopscoop

OCD can be normal, yes.

kayak23

but when viewed at an angle I can still see the feint 3M logo

Try only looking at it straight on.

fanatic278
    Free Member

OCD can be normal, yes.

LOL

I still have enough time to edit my original post…. but then your response wouldn’t make sense….which would then bother my OCD 😉

Poopscoop

Sorry to be glib fanatic. Couldn’t resist.lol

Not sure about the logo, I suspect it will go over a few days as the tape settles down and any moisture underneath dissipates?

fanatic278
    Free Member

(BTW – I don’t actually have OCD in case anyone on here takes offence)

zilog6128

The logo is on the backing, not the tape – are you saying the image has transferred onto the tape somehow?

fanatic278
    Free Member

The logo is on the backing, not the tape – are you saying the image has transferred onto the tape somehow?

Yes. The backing has been removed to stick it to the frame. And there’s no backing on the outside surface.

fanatic278
    Free Member

This might be a fuss about nothing. The bike is in the house now warming up. The logo appears to be fading a bit. I’ll report back in the morning to let you know how it goes. Try not to let the suspense keep you up…..

dirtydog
    Free Member

. Try not to let the suspense keep you up…..

Any news yet?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I gots to know man!

otsdr
    Free Member

I would be worried, presumably the 3M bits will react differently to UV, so you will end up baking little 3M logos on the very paint you are trying to protect. Be very, very, afraid! /s

fanatic278
    Free Member

It’s all safe! Logos have 99% gone. But not 100%!!! Aaaarggghhh.

nonk
    Free Member

Warm it up with a hair dryer

Not sure about the tape though

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘3M heli tape logo showing through’ is closed to new replies.