Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 3G coverage Ambleside town
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Bit of a long shot but we’re looking at doing a weeks holiday in Ambleside. Junior ‘needs’ Internet access to amuse him (he’s 16 so obviously can’t live without it) and we’re looking at properties with wifi, but there’s more choice without.

If 3G, specifically on 3network, is good then we can look at properties without wifi.

According to the 3 website reception is excellent but real world experience eiyld be good.

Thanks

marcus7
    Free Member

last time I was there, it was a bit patchy and I used the hotels WiFi( salutation hotel so in an elevated position). I’m on three and it’s very changeable round there so you may get lucky… or not. but most of the cafes have wifi so that helps. been about 6 months since I was there so it may be better now.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Ah right, that’s pretty much what I expected. Cheers.

zokes
    Free Member

Just tell him there will be internet, then pretend to be apologetic when there isn’t. Job done.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Been there, done that

gonzy
    Free Member

we’re going there at the end of the month. booked into a b and b which has wifi, but would be interested to know what O2/EE coverage is like there for when we’re out and about.

bokonon
    Free Member

I used 3 network 3G down on the lakeside by Ambleside YHA (granted not in Ambleside proper) last summer with no issues what so ever.

footflaps

Don’t all holiday lets come with Wifi these days?

davetrave
    Free Member

3G coverage is patchy at best,I’m on O2. Expect 2G to be the norm.

I’d go for a holiday let with WiFi or alternatively, if you’re with BT for home phone/internet then you can log on to any BT WiFi hotspot through your BT Internet account, as long as a nearby property has a BT HomeHub…

Of course, the other option is to hope for the best – my folks live in the village in a row of cottages that are predominantly holiday lets, most if not all, have WiFi & some of them are unsecured…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Don’t all holiday lets come with Wifi these days?

No, more don’t have it than do.

Ended up going for a place in Bowness instead, with wifi. We didn’t fancy what was still available in Ambleside and Bowness has enough pubs etc to keep us happy.

Thanks for the info.

grum
    Free Member

Kids these days, etc

marcus7
    Free Member

Well have a great time anyway, one my fave areas of the UK and am camping in hawkshead in the summer HURRAH!.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh mine too, thanks. Can’t wait.

davetrave
    Free Member

Bo’ness, eurrgh… 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

Oh aye that would be lovey for a weeks holiday

davetrave
    Free Member

Although you’ll be handy for the ferry across the lake – ride on to Claife Heights, Parkamoor, Grizedale, Coniston…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘3G coverage Ambleside town’ is closed to new replies.