Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 3D Printers
  • isitaboutabicycle
    Free Member

What (bike related) part would you make if you had one? Alternatively, what’s the handiest thing you’ve made if you do already?

mattyfez

Interesting discussion.. A lot will depend on the plastic used.. I imagine a lot is not very strong? But I may be wrong.

Custom bottle cages and other non critical addons I imagine, possibly brackets for items that are not heavy?

bigdean

Well… I’ve nearly finished a frame..

cookeaa

Moulds and tooling to make all sorts of other more complicated stuff…

Bigdean’s frame being an excellent example…

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ve made a few bits and bobs, some worked and some didn’t for a whole multitude of reasons.

The usual answer is whatever you can download because most people can’t be arsed to design stuff themselves.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I have access to a ti or steel 3d printer. What should I make?

mattbee

Not made by me but I’ve got a 3D printed adapter to fit my Joystick to a GoPro mount that’s pretty handy.

otsdr
    Free Member

I’ve had a fender mount printed for my Hooligan’s front fork.

philwarren11
    Free Member

I’ve 3D printed a dropper lever to an i-spec mount. Mounts its nicely underneath on the same way as a shifter.

Also printed a iphone 6 holder to use on my turbo bike.

thepodge
    Free Member

hexhamstu – I have access to a ti or steel 3d printer. What should I make?

A nice new headbadge for your fave bike

cp

Made for bike:-

Map board mounting bracket for Trailquest map board (a cut down chopping board)
    bike lock mounting bracket
    mudguard mounting bracket

made loads of useful stuff, including:–

brew vending machine cup holder tray for carrying several plastic cups
    dock to put the wireless charging pad in so the phone always lands bang central
    freezer drawer hinge/latch
    Spork (needed to eat a pot noodle (mmmm) whilst working on site)
    Sat nav holder for in car so it fits neatly in cubby/storage hole

plus loads of stuff for work, covers, shrouds, brackets, etc….

thepodge
    Free Member

freezer drawer hinge/latch

how odd, me too.

Milkie
    Free Member

I’ve only had my printer for a month, but I’m loving it. I’ve managed to get it working with OctoPi with WiFi, Camera & Touchscreen.

Stormtrooper Valve Caps
    GoPro Lens Hood
    GoPro Skeleton Case
    Bar Plugs, going to put my own design on these

I plan on designing & printing a seat rail or seat post mount to get the GoPro as close to the seat as possible, otherwise it rubs on the rear wheel and disappears on bigger hits.

I will have to design a Pi camera case for my printer and a touchscreen case. There are loads of things to design and print that aren’t bike related. I’m not happy leaving the house when the printer is still going, I have visions of coming back to a house on fire.

isitaboutabicycle
    Free Member

There’s some really interesting stuff on here! HexhamStu, have you thought about making hollow dropouts for frame builders? Personally, I’d be keen. GoPro mounts are another one I might have a go at, mine’s been sitting unused for a while but some different mounts could be fun.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘3D Printers’ is closed to new replies.