Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 3D glasses in the cinema.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Has anybody worn these to a viewing, who already has prescription glasses?

Verdict on practicality and visual outcome?

stumpy01

My OH has done when she forgot to put her contacts in. Once she got over the embarrassment of wearing 2 pairs of glasses, I think she found them fine. They aren’t massive though, so might not fit over all glasses…

Kuco

Yes, I found them fine but my brother says they give him headaches.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Not ideal, and one of the reasons I hate 3D films. They work ok, but it’s not the most comfortable experience and I found I was having to re adjust where they were sitting a few times per film.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

yes, and it’s a bit hit and miss. A CGI film called Legend of the Something or others and it was about owls was stunning from start to finish, MiB3D was pretty poor and Toy Story 3D gave me headache. Dredd 3D was pretty good, but one or two scenes didn’t really work, but that might have been more gratuitous 3D effects that pissed me off.
    Wear the 3d specs over my normal ones, no probs with comfort or adjustment, just feel a bit daft, but then you’re sitting in the dark, does it matter?

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Yes, it’s fine. Obviously not bothered about looking a complete twonk in the dark. I do the same thing in the car with sunglasses.

nomakoman
    Free Member

dunno about other companies but odeon now do 3d glasses that clip on to normal glasses 8)

Wozza
    Free Member

They’re made by RealD and they’re designed to be worn over glasses. The headache isn’t to do with the glasses. Its to do with the adapter on the projector and your viewpoint.

Anyway, if you’d like to spend a bit more on the glasses for no reason other than they look cool, Oakley have started making them too.

Clicky

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just go to the 2d screening. Cheaper and better if the light is low. Though if it’s a 3d film there will be about 20mins of “Whoa look at the flying,dropping,water splash cool 3d effects”

DickBarton

Been to 2 or 3 3d films and i genuinely dont see the 3d in them…the 3d advert definitely appears in 3d but the actual films dont…3d glecks over my normal ones.

bencooper
    Free Member

Yes, the 3D effect never works for me, I just see headache-inducing flickering…

v8ninety

Well I can never see magic eye pictures, apparently something to do with astigmatism…

grum
    Free Member

Just go to the 2D screening +1

3D is either distracting or you don’t notice it therefore its pointless. Never looks properly 3D anyway, more like a pop-up book.

Northwind

I wear my contacts. TBH it just seems to be a fad, some 3D versions are genuinely good (the slomo sections in Dredd, frinstance, were breathtaking) but even then there’s usually a tradeoff. So I wouldn’t do it as a matter of course but when there’s one that’s particularily recommended I check it out

fervouredimage
    Free Member

+2 for 2D. Essentially wearing sunglasses to watch a film is pretty stupid.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

2D screening +1

..or 3D as it’s more commonly known

DickBarton

3d for the kids cinema…50p more than the 2d…but 2d is first and usually only choice.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘3D glasses in the cinema.’ is closed to new replies.