• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Ed-O.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 38 days to go, and we allowed to start talking about SSUK yet?
  • miketually
    Free Member

Or are we playing it cool?

JxL
    Free Member

what is SSUK? 🙂 If it is what I think it is (SingleSpeed UK???) then thats brilliant!

RDL-82
    Free Member

playing it cool 8) whilst secretly panicking!

epicyclo

Been training for this, but I’m not sure which is the best beer for the purpose.

Do we need to drink English beer to train for an event in England, is Scottish ale ok, or seeing as it’s a UK event, should I be drinking English, Welsh, N Irish, and Scottish.

Will not drinking Isle of Man beer disadvantage me in my quest for the Lanterne Rouge?

I suppose we need a Sports Beerologist to give an opinion – are any of the forum members suitably experienced?

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Wahey! I’m going this year for the first time with my mate!
    However, I’m a bit worried by all this beer training that seems to be taking place. I don’t drink at all, will I be allowed in? If I don’t fall off my bike in a drunken stupor, is it considered bad form?

uplink
    Free Member

On the beer front – I suspect a local [to the event] brew may prove to be just the ticket

http://www.croptonbrewery.com/

funkynick

Well, I think I have spent more time drinking beer than riding bikes so far this year… so that should set me up nicely for a podium finish I reckon!! 😉

funkynick

epicyclo… it’s probably a good idea to make sure all the bases are covered, after all, you never know how sneaky the organisers are going to be or how technical the course is…

I’d make sure you have a good grounding in general beer techniques, and then follow it up with some more specific training in your areas of weakness.

miketually
    Free Member

Currently working on my base training, with Becks Vier. Will switch to intervals in a week or so, using Theakstons and Laphroig.

Ed-O
    Free Member

I’m taking a long bike with gears and a shorter but still long bike without.

ski
    Free Member

Is anyone planning to stay for more than one night?

Was hoping to make a long weekend of it like ssuk08

Is there a off road route to the coast, any locals, can you help with a route?

Ta.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

Bristol bikefest !!!

miketually
    Free Member

I’m taking a long bike with gears

I’m hoping to be arriving on my Mundo…

postierich
    Free Member

Ski I,m up for the week and an offroad route to the beach in Scarborough is a must do surely.

grumm
    Free Member

I’m imagining it will be a bit like this.

Ed-O
    Free Member

I’m hoping to be arriving on my Mundo…

Top notch!

The Ute will be in my van. Ironic eh?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘38 days to go, and we allowed to start talking about SSUK yet?’ is closed to new replies.