Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 36×16 with a rohloff…
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

s'all right isn't it?

(i know its not 'allowed' as such…)

tonto
    Free Member

s'fine

woodsman
    Free Member

Do you need to go that low though?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

s'weet.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

just find a lot of my riding up hills (with a 38) is in the 7/8 gear range, and want to get out of that. plus its slightly higher geared being a 29er.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Tom- I ran that on mine. It was cool.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

36t middleburn uno ring will be on its way to me soon then…

Chainline
    Free Member

S'fine, I ran that loads too, specifically to keep me in the 11 to 12 direct drive range most of the time.

woodsman
    Free Member

That's interesting that you are running a Uno system, what bottom bracket lenth are you using to get the wide-ish 54.5 chainline?

snaps
    Free Member

I run a Hope Ti 121mm BB with a 38T Middleburn DH ring on the middle position of RS7 chainset – I'd imagine the Duo would need similar.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

think its a 113?

dunno to be honest. i might need to fiddle with it a bit, but it looks very similar to the chainline i have on my SS (which currently has the uno on – doing some crank swapping). currently got a 38t middleburn ring on some FSA cranks, outer position, 113mm BB.

DeeW
    Free Member

Might well have a new 16T cog in the spares box if you want to make me an offer. If I remember right I ran 36-16 without issues tho' outside recommended range.

willsimmons
    Free Member

You run the risk of the designed-to-break-in-the-event-of-excessive-torque nylon pins breaking which will result in loss of all drive, not even fixed. Needs to go to Germany to be fixed in the event. Don't forget 700c/29er wheels produce more torque than 26". Might never break but those are the consequences.

willsimmons
    Free Member

You run the risk of the designed-to-break-in-the-event-of-excessive-torque nylon pins breaking which will result in loss of all drive, not even fixed. Needs to go to Germany to be fixed in the event. Don't forget 700c/29er wheels produce more torque than 26". Might never break but those are the consequences.

avdave2

38×17 would keep you in warranty.

woodsman
    Free Member

Let us know how you get on with that hungreymonkey, the Rohloff runs the sprocket outer edge of the hub, in theory a 113 won't be enough, as ss tends to be in more towards centre. I think you'll possibly need another 5mm. It'll be interesting to know as I would like to run a Uno or Eno crank, just having to get and expensive looong bb like a Royce is blowing it out of the water, for me!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘36×16 with a rohloff…’ is closed to new replies.