Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 36t bash with 32t n/w 1×10?
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I’ve just got everything for my 1×10 conversion (currently 3×9).

Everything except the single ring bolts.

I’m tempted to go for a single + bash to a) save my shins and calves from puncture wounds* b) I got a deal on a blue n/w ring but have a green bike**

Can I run a 36t bash with a 32t N/W? Will it look ridiculous? Will it cause problems? I ask having looked at the classifieds and 36t bash rings are all I’ve seen for sale.

Thanks

*although maybe this isn’t a problem if the chain’s always on the the ring

**I’m a tart… deal with it 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

* its not a problem, and as they are generally smaller you bash them less. My 2x w/38t bash was very bashed, not properly smacked my 32t NW (yet). Also keeping them clean really helps with chain crunchyness and longevity so without a bash you can scrub a NW clean reet quick.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

I don’t really think there’s any need for a bash on a 1x set-up. The spiky and bendable teeth of the ring are covered by the less spiky and much harder chain, plus, as above it’ll be small and therefore pretty high up. I reckon it’s just adding back some of the weight advantage that going 1x gives you.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Makecoldplayhistory

I think I’ve got a black alloy Raceface 32 bash in the garage that’s not being used?

I’ll take a look in a bit – let me know if you are interested?

VanHalen

shurely the chain cant stay on when you crash? or is it that good? you are not likely to stab yourself with a chainring unless you are crashing or really stupid?

i`ve got excellent chainring scars above my elbow and on my calf that the kids think were caused by me wrestling a lion. the truth is less exciting.

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

Chainring scar on elbow here too, OTB and the chain was on the middle ring of a triple setup.
    Perhaps all would have been well if I had a 1×10 or a bash guard?

The more pointy bits the better as chicks dig scars*

*except mine, apparently.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘36t bash with 32t n/w 1×10?’ is closed to new replies.