Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 365 Days in the life of a bicycle in NYC
  • Milkie
    Free Member

One for the morning crew!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NZcXF10Ir9Q#![/video]

Think we can all guess what happens!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

And yesterdays crew? And the day before? 😀

coolhandluke
    Free Member

That made me a bit sad. poor bike.

llama

its interesting that it stays intact for a long time but then as soon as it starts to go its gone

Burchy1
    Free Member

Interesting aswell to know whether its one person thinking ‘I’ll take the xxxx’, then going back for another bit or a number of people all taking a piece each.

Del

same thing happens to genesis day 1s left lying around i understand…
    😀

phatstanley
    Free Member

he/she took one for the team…. 🙁
    (if you – like me – sometimes anthropomorphise bikes.)

ton

they should have put a bomb in the seat tube, that was detonated when the thief removed the seatpost.
    blow the sod’d hand off……….. 😀

andyl
    Free Member

Interesting how the bottle cage got gradually moved round to see if someone was checking/using the bike as they would notice it and put it straight. Then as soon as the bottle goes it all goes.

The yellow lock went very quick too.

You just reminded me, there is a ridgeback at Uni that has been chained to a bike rack for a couple of years and is gradually disappearing. They normally remove bikes after a few months.

MrAgreeable

It got nicked. Quelle surprise. Amazing how anything with a bit of stop motion footage can be passed off by new media types as a “project”.

aracer
    Free Member

Interesting how the bottle cage got gradually moved round to see if someone was checking/using the bike as they would notice it and put it straight. Then as soon as the bottle goes it all goes.

Hardly – it remained pretty much intact for another 2 months after the bottle went. The strange thing is that the lock seems to have gone at about day 210, yet nothing else went for another couple of weeks, and then bits were taken despite it being possible to just ride off with the whole bike. I have a suspicion they’re not telling us the whole story…

andyl
    Free Member

It was moving a bit quick for me to realise the days. Was still the starter.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Del – Member

same thing happens to genesis day 1s left lying around i understand…

According to the video i’ve got about 200 days before anything happens then… 😀

Kuco

It lasted longer than I thought it would.

thewanderer
    Free Member

They must have taken the U lock off. Nothing really goes until the U lock is removed. The “Artist” probably got bored at the lack of action and decided something had to happen.

If anything this is an ad for decent locks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘365 Days in the life of a bicycle in NYC’ is closed to new replies.