Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 360 games for a casual gamer?
  • mattrgee
    Free Member

As title really. Any games recommendations for a casual gamer on the 360? I’ve tried the shooting games but beyond the short single player levels the multilayer stuff just seems a waste of time unless you’ve got loads of free time to throw at it (I haven’t). Basically getting my arse kicked. So need some good quality single player games that I can pick up now and again and have a go at. Don’t mind the odd racing game but they also become a bit two dimensional when you go online.

Cheers.

Matt-P
    Free Member

I know they are shooters but for good single player fun Far Cry 3 had me play to the end, as did the Crysis games and Red Dead Redemption. All had decent length campaigns.

Portal 1 & 2 make very interesting puzzlers if you want a change of pace.

Clong
    Free Member

Mass effect 1,2 & 3 have long single player elements (about 40 hours each), Assassins creed have similar.

Stoner
    Free Member

I like puzzle games and there’s not many out there.

I love Portals 1 and 2 and LA Noire.
    I am bidding on a s/h triple pack on ebay because Ive been told Splosion man is good. Limbo is interesting and comes in the triple pack. You can play a demo level of Limbo on the 360 by downloading it from Xbox online.

Forza is OK, but gets a bit samey.
    Lego games again, OK for a while, but dont really develop much.
    I dont play shooters, and I have to try and keep to Pegi 12 or below in case junior wants to join it. Had some tricky moments in LA Noire 😳

Interested in hearing other people’s ideas for puzzle games.

duffmiver
    Free Member

gtaV. long, good story, easy.

llama

I only buy 2nd hand or old games max £15

Single player games I got really into and actually completed: Batman A Asylum, Dead Space, Halo whatever (the newest one), Goldeneye reloaded

Single player games that are pretty good but became boring for me: Red dead redemption, bioshock, portal

Single player games I didn’t like: fallout new vegas

sausagefingers
    Free Member

Xcom Enemy Unknown, bloody brilliant. I only play it once or twice a week when I have time but it’s very in depth when you get into it plus there’s no rushing about, everything needs planning out, very easy to play with a pint in hand which is a bonus.
    It’s the only game I’ve ever finished plus a new expansion has just come out for it

shermer75
    Free Member

Not sure you need one for every day of the year. Why not get a handful and play them more often?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘360 games for a casual gamer?’ is closed to new replies.