Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 360 degree video of Croix de Fer descent
  • beej

Neat, filmed on the Haute Route this year. You can click on the video and drag it around to change the viewing direction.

EDIT – but you have to watch it on the YouTube site.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMvNWHLiw3Y[/video]

DiscJockey
    Free Member

I’m intrigued by that camera setup. Weird how it seems to rotate as you go round corners !

I love that descent. It levels out halfway down, and then goes crazy again with some really scary rock tunnels and sheer drops to the right 😯

twohats
    Free Member

Even more impressive is if you watch it on your phone you can move your phone around to to change view, rather than dragging your finger around!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

That’s amazing on a phone.

joat

It’s amazing on a phone, but my wife is now wondering why I’m spinning round looking at it.

gozarch
    Free Member

That’s witchcraft! 😯 I wonder what camera setup they used?

grum
    Free Member

Cool! Combine that with a good VR headset and there’s basically no need to leave the house ever again.

pnik

Just watched with google cardboard, nearly very cool, but really low resolution. Very impressive generally, although you do get the odd ghost where you can see the join.

beej

Just watched on the phone. Definitely witchcraft. Amazing stuff.

slowoldman

There are a couple of 360 videos of the Eiger and Matterhorn doing the rounds (hosted by Mammut I think). The camera is mounted on a pole sticking out of the rucksack (a bit like a Google car).

jools182
    Free Member

That hurts my head

Very impressive on my phone

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘360 degree video of Croix de Fer descent’ is closed to new replies.