Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 36 tooth chain ring
  • Innes
    Free Member

I have been looking at Chain Reactions web site at 36 tooth middle chain rings.

There are three Deore middle 36 tooth rings the M510, M530 and M532. The prices range from £10.99 to £19.99 I can’t tell any difference between them, there is also an XT at £26.99 is it any better?

XT chain rings didn’t used to last long are they any better now?

It is for a Race Face chain set with four bolt fixing.

Innes
    Free Member

Bump

geetee1972
    Free Member

Looks like the only difference is the finish but maybe they are also from different generations of Deore? Most likely the higher the number the newer the iteration.

I only run a single ring so always use a DH ring which tend to wear better as they are thicker (you don’t need ramps because you’re not shifting between rings).

bigyinn
    Free Member

The deore ones are generally steel, XT cheese.
    I run a deore steel on my XT cranks as it lasts longer and doesnt seem to chainsuck as its thinner.

SOAP
    Free Member

Innes
    Free Member

Thanks

cazum
    Free Member

sorry if it seems am hijacking….

so would almost any 36t shimano 104bcd 4hole chainring fit any 104bcd 4 hole crank? (does having a 10 speed rear effect this)?

thanks

FieldMarshall

Be careful, as although they are all 104BCD, one deore 36t ring i bought would not fit my middleburn chainset as the “lug” was too long. But it fitted my cheapo deore chainset fine.

Cant remember which was which i’m afraid.

Think it might have been the 510 that was odd.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘36 tooth chain ring’ is closed to new replies.