Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 35mm slide to digital – best option?
  • stevemorg2

I’ve been asked to give a talk at my daughter’s school – only problem is that the photos from the area concerned are all on slide.
    I looked into having them professionally converted a while back but it was very expensive – can anyone suggest any other options?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Buy/borrow a slide scanner & do them yourself?
    Or can you not just use the slides & a projector instead, or do they have to digital files?

stevemorg2

the school doesn’t have a slide projector – maybe I can try and borrow one

goldenwonder
    Free Member

A school without a slide projector???
    Now that really does make me feel old!!!
    My mother gave one to a charity shop a month or so ago, might be worth looking in a few see if you can find a cheap one there?

nbt

If you;re not overly bothered about the minute detail, you could get one of the cheap aldi slide scanners. Aldi usually sell them for about £40, although stocks are limited and they go quick – fiurst time I tried to get one I went at lunch and they had none left, next time I was there at 9am and by the time I’d bought mine at 9.10, 7 of the 8 they’d received had been sold.

Quite often they’re bought for profit, as you usually see them on ebay for £50 soon after, and you can buy identical ones under a different brand name for about £80 on amazon.

Results are acceptable, but not perfect – but then if you want prints, you always have the original slide

blaggers
    Free Member

Small lightbox from jessops (£20 max), place slide on lightbox and a take a photo using a digital camera. Worked fine for our old family slides.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘35mm slide to digital – best option?’ is closed to new replies.