Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 35mm rims ( internal ) for 2.4/2.5 tyres anyone done it
  • tymbian
    Free Member

Good or bad experiences

Thinking of some for a Spesh Enduro 29 for a 2.5 minion front and probably a 2.3 rear( don’t know which yet).

kimbers

I think my LB rims are nearly 35mm internal with a 2.4 Ibex front and a 2.2 ardent at back is great(shorty vigilante in the crappy mud) tho I’m thinking of like a trailboss rear as the ardent is dying

tymbian
    Free Member

That’s settled then..
    Can’t afford LB but some Halo vapour 35 or Easton Arc…

rOcKeTdOg

Got velocity blunt 35s running 2.4 ardents, were great at BPW apart from the right squeeze on the uplift trailer

stevemorg2

I ran a 2.3 bontrager on a 47mm Northpaw rim with no issues – using mk3 flows now though which are even better!

epicyclo

Been running that size since 1998 on tyres from 2″ to 2.8″. No problems, just advantages.

pablogt
    Free Member

Yep, 2.5 DHF, 2.4 DHRII wide trail jobbies, happy thanks.

tymbian
    Free Member

@ rocket dog..how do you find the blunts? I recently got advised against them by a bike shop as he said they don’t make for a strong wheelset..

nixie

I like my vapour 35 however they are 35 external not internal. Internal is 30mm.

rOcKeTdOg

ymbian – Member
    @ rocket dog..how do you find the blunts? I recently got advised against them by a bike shop as he said they don’t make for a strong wheelset..

No issues after 12 months of local woodsy riding, trail centres, BPW, commuting in all weathers.of course it’s also down to who builds them. Maybe your guy isn’t confident/can’t source them/has stock of something else?

spectabilis
    Free Member

WTB i35 – WTB Breakout 2.5 / Trail Boss 2.4 here, great set up.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘35mm rims ( internal ) for 2.4/2.5 tyres anyone done it’ is closed to new replies.