Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 355 vs. Flow
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Currently running Flows but looking to save some wheel weight – would I regret going to 355’s?

honourablegeorge

What about Arch EX or Crest?

355s are older, and don’t have the improved bead that you get on either of the above.

alfabus
    Free Member

I’ve got crests and flows.. I definitely feel like I need to take care of my wheels a bit more when I’m on the crests.

Never actually damaged them, but I have had more pinch flats on the crests – normally run tubeless, but at the weekend, I managed to nick the bead of my tyre and had to put a tube in… I then promptly pinch flatted again!

What sort of riding are you doing? would the arch ex be a better bet?

Dave

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I’ve got Flows on the F/S and Crests on the H/T. I’m really imressed with both.
    The Crests have taken a pounding recently and have been knocked a long way out of true but they’ve been quite easy to true-up.

mboy
    Free Member

Got a cheap (brand new) 355 if you wanna try one out… In the classifieds…

messiah
    Free Member

http://www.light-bicycle.com/wider-mtb-26er-carbon-bike-rim-26-inch-rims.html

I’d like to try these…

Width of the Flow, weight of the 355 :mrgreen:

RealMan
    Free Member

Been running 355s for 3 years now, including DH in the Alps, DH racing, XC racing, and just loads of riding – XC, DH, and everything in between. Had some pretty big crashes, and buckled the rear once or twice, and broken a spoke or two. Few dings in the rear, but the front is still pretty much perfect I think. Surprisingly solid wheelset. When (if ever) I finally destroy them beyond repair I’ll probably get some crests without a thought. I’m a fairly light guy though, although I wouldn’t describe myself as the smoothest of riders.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘355 vs. Flow’ is closed to new replies.