Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 3/4 length tights – BIB or no BIB? Endura recos?
  • Aus
    Free Member

Looking at getting some 3/4 length tights (probably Endura as generally happy with their stuff) for wearing under mtb torusers on cold days, and the odd road ride. Like being warm and dodgy knee will hopefully benefit.

Have never used bib stuff before – any big pros or cons to it, vs a non-bib?

Looking at these options probably (unless other recommendations to go for) …
    Endura 8-P Xtract Gel Knickers
    Endura 3/4 Thermolite Padded Bib-Knickers
    Endura Meryl Knickers II (300 Series Pad)

Thanks!

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Bibs are more comfortable – partly because they dont have a waistband and partly because the pad tends to stay in place better. They will also cover the base of your back so good for cold days too.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I like the bib option and through the winter use the bib thermo 3.4 ones from endura they are pretty nice and toastie in the cold. I like the fact that the bib section provides a layer where your top and shorts might rise exposing skin to the cold, bibs make sure theres no gap. Althou if its a really cold night ride I’d probably put on full lengths to keep my feet warm, but otherwise defo bib.

theflatboy
    Free Member

it’s got to be bib. i had some endura ones for ages that were fantastic. when it came to replacing them they didn’t do them anymore so i got the newer endura ones. they are atrocious. horrible fit, crap insert and generally rubbish. i should have sent them back but didn’t, then i couldn’t justify replacing them as they were new and am now stuck with them until they wear out. 😡

FuzzyWuzzy

I always use bibs, whether shorts, 3/4’s or tights. In your case if you have at least a couple of pairs of decent shorts already I’d just get knee or leg warmers. If you want to spend money then look at the pricier DHB offerings on Wiggle (and they also have the Castelli Nanoflex 3/4 on offer to which I’ve just bought and can recommend – although overkill having water-resistant ones if you’re using as under-shorts most of the time).

annebr
    Free Member

The only down side to BIBs AFAICT is it’s a pain if you need to go to the toilet mid ride. 🙂

martinhurton
    Free Member

The only down side to BIBs AFAICT is it’s a pain if you need to go to the toilet mid ride

Was just going to say the same. I’d love a bib for the above reasons but haven’t worked out the toilet part yet!

Aus
    Free Member

cool, so bib it is. Endura Vs DHB?

brooess
    Free Member

I had a pair of these for 8 years – warm, cosy, keep you well-wrapped up and everything you’d ever need. I ripped them in a tarmac/body interface a couple of weeks ago but they’ll definitely be replaced.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

the toilet thing is fine, act like a giraffe taking a drink! job done.

mrelectric

+1 for Endura 3/4 Thermolite Padded Bib-Knickers

Zip allows widdling with reduced contortions.

I’m told there are various new therapies available which might help with this, and with related events. Shall I forward the emails from my spam folder? 😉

Endura MT250 & MT500 also brilliant. I use MT500 baggies for water resistance on top.

In line with other posts, I’ve had quality problems with most of my Endura kit but NOT these.

trail_rat
    Free Member

people issues with bibs are either in their head or they have a shrinky dink …..

i absolutely detest with all my might – shorts !

johnellison
    Free Member

Endura Meryl Knickers II (300 Series Pad)

I have these, use them with a pair of braces. Sorted.

tonyd

Bib all the way. I bought my first pair last year and they were a revelation.

Weeing – I always wondered why some were cut below the navel, just figured it was some weird fetish thing but it comes in useful. Alternatively I sometimes receive some email that might be useful, can forward if you’d like?

IA

I’m not reading all the above, but:

Got a pair of these, they’re ace.

Seem pretty tough too, a few rides old and I ruined myself accross some really rough tarmac, bibs were fine – I was a mess.

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

+1 for Endura Thermolite 3/4 bibs, got 2 sets, almost bombproof and warm. I wear these right through the winter – much to the amazement/amusement of fellow club members when its really cold. Needs to be silly minus digits before I put on longs.

zbonty

The DHb ones I tried didn’t fit me that well-once the straps went over the shoulder my bits were getting squashed so didn’t bother.
    Almost wrote 3/4 bibs off but some Endura ones were great.

annebr
    Free Member

people issues with bibs are either in their head or they have a shrinky dink …..

girls tend to have a “shrinky dink” 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘3/4 length tights – BIB or no BIB? Endura recos?’ is closed to new replies.