Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • 3/3.5k road bike?
  • wilburt
    Free Member

Couldn’t give a stuff about comfort, need stiff, aero with deep rims, suggestions?

pbooker1995
    Free Member

An S-Works Tarmac with 11 spd Ultegra DI2 with S works bar, stem, seatpost, saddle and Roval CLX 40’s. A absolute beauty.

Size 54cm if your interested 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My LBS were doing a special offer on a Giant Propel Advanced 0, with Cosmic Carbone Elite 40s for £2500. Plenty left over for personal tweaks (Pedals, saddles, whatever).
    (Stonehenge Cycles, Salisbury, BTW).

Rorschach
    Free Member

Canyon

spyke85
    Free Member

Ribble Aero 883

infidel
    Free Member

Cervelo s3

drovercycles
    Free Member

We have a very nice Neil Pryde Alize/Nazare in Large, which for that money could come with some nice Zipps, Shimano or Mavic wheels.

scaredypants

Do you need it this year?
    I’ve a feeling there’s some settling to be done regarding standards over the coming model year

wilburt
    Free Member

Cheers guys, good ideas, the Canyon Aeros look exceptional value.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi Mod Dura Ace 2014 £2700 so leaves a stack for uber pimp wheels, or a posh alpine riding holiday. High tech modern frames but with a classy slightly retro aesthetic (near horizontal TTs, thin tubes, so fancy swooping or aero smaero styling).

Personally I’d be waiting a few months for the 2015 stuff to get reduced as 2016 models get rolled out (or for the 2014 stuff to get reduced more, are listening Drakes Cycles….).

Not a fan of aero bikes visually but the Canyons do look good.

robidoo
    Free Member

My Scott foil sounds perfect for you, you would even have loads of cash left over for some bling carbon wheels 😆

Tested in a formula one wind tunnel apparently.

LardLover
    Free Member

crashtestmonkey +1

A mate has just recently got one of these. He’s got Mavic cc40’s on it. I did the obligatory road side test of lifting it off the ground (wih two full bottles in the cages); it’s ridiculously light. My mate then took the bottles out of the cages. I lived it again……..I swear on my life the weight of the whole bike was halved (and this was on a 56cm model).

Mister-P
    Free Member

They must have been very big bottles.

Valleyboy123
    Free Member

I’ve got a cannondale super six evo red, with sram red group-set in mat black and grey bought it from Paul’s cycles last year for 2k, I’m not an expert on road bikes so bought it on the strength of reviews, it’s very good, extremely light frame good kit, quick off the mark and climbs very; went back to Wales the other week and took it up the Tumble.

Cheers
    Nick

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

the Hi Mod is a step up from the Evo which is now the ‘basic’ (but still bloody excellent) Supersix frame and is a tad lighter. But then Sram Red is a tad lighter than shimano.

I’ve always liked C’dales for reasons I listed previously, then I rented an Evo Ultegra in Lanzarote for a week and all it needed was lighter wheels than the OE Eksiums otherwise it was everything I might have hoped for. Which is annoying as I now seem to have signed up for email alerts for things like Hi Mod Dura Aces coming back in stock… 🙄

A mate is currently working on “Project Supersix”, which involves convincing his wife that the Evo Red at Pauls Cycles is more important and better value than a family holiday 😉

nickc

aero smaero styling 😆

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Take a look at Radon bikes. They do a full on racing geometry bike (not a sportive special) with Mavic Cosmics and SRAM Red for under 3k Euro. And it weighs under 7 kilos.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

here it is

Actually it’s 3200 Euro!

DT78
    Free Member

I’d be buying the canyon aero road that fits the budget. My budget was a lot less (2k Mark) and I went for a rose Xeon. Plenty fast enough to start snatching koms if that is your sort of thing, about 7.5kg force with heavy cosmics.

taxi25
    Free Member

Go for the Aeroad, super six is a good bike but it doesn’t tick the aero box. Radon looks nice but with the Canyon your getting a genuine world pro tour pedigree.

TiRed

Propel Advanced Pro. Unless you are a medium, because Giant have sold out! Collected my SL2 this weekend. Great bikes that can do almost everything.

onandon
    Free Member

Some really impressive bikes around at this price. After a few test rides I settled on a cervelo s3.
    The propel looks great on paper but it was as emotional as buying a microwave, it just didn’t make me excited and it rode as dull as dishwater. Very fast but dull.
    Spending this sort of money should be a joy and exciting.

Other people’s opinions may/ will differ so get yourself out in the shops and sling ya leg over some carbon.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Seen a Canyon Aeroad the other day out on the chain gang, it was loltastic watching him pap in his skin suit and aero helmet when he couldn’t come through, mustn’t be that aero 😉

Just bought the Mrs a Propel (women’s version though), that’s what I’d buy if I wasn’t too scared of crashing carbonz, one for every budget.

bigrich

S3 too here. it’s red.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘3/3.5k road bike?’ is closed to new replies.