Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 310 road miles + 144 mtb miles in 7 days?
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

Possibly taking part in a charity event next year, involving north to South Wales via various trail centres,

I’m currently riding an average of 40 miles a week, mainly mtb, not sure im capable?! anyone done something similar?

crikey
    Free Member

You know where you should be right now, and you know what you should be doing? 😉

tacopowell
    Free Member

Yeah, marriage in June & in process of buying first home combined with currently been at work, leaves me a little out of sorts to begin training just this moment!

piemonster

Its a turbo trainer for you

crikey
    Free Member

marriage in June & in process of buying first home combined with currently been at work,

You are getting your excuses in early, but you still know where you should be and what you should be doing…

piemonster

Molgrips will be along in a minute to tell you it’ll be best achieved with HIT

🙂

tacopowell
    Free Member

You are getting your excuses in early, but you still know where you should be and what you should be doing…

Maybe, Just know I’ve not got much in the way free time at the moment.
    I do however want to do this, great goal for me, I’ll be on it as much as possible until I can get into full training.

HIT?!

piemonster

High intensity training.

Plenty on the web.

Bear
    Free Member

Next year? You’ve got a bit of time to start building that mileage though….

tacopowell
    Free Member

Next year? You’ve got a bit of time to start building that mileage though….

April, should be enough time to get my legs in condition!

piemonster

Mid winter training boot camp to boost the legs?

How technical is it. I seem to remember Marc Beaumont never went over 50 miles a day in training for his round the world jobby. ( ❓ attached )

How do the days work out, are they all more or less the same.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Between 30-50 miles a day on road 13-40 miles on mtb.

Welsh A & B roads, north Wales will be a killer! Trail centres are as follow;
    Llandegella
    Penmachno
    Coed y Brenin
    Climachx
    NantyrArian
    Coed Trallwm
    Brecfa
    Cwncarn

The more I look at it the more it looks tougher!

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Easy if you train for it, but you will have to train for it.

Just get lots of base miles in during the summer, and plenty of interval training in the winter on the turbo.

Try and get used to riding every day.

footflaps

Molgrips will be along in a minute to tell you it’ll be best achieved with HIT

According to the HIT bible, you should be able to get there with just 3 seconds training a month. Just need to make sure those 3 seconds are at 300% and you’ll be there. Anything less than 300% and it will all be wasted.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘310 road miles + 144 mtb miles in 7 days?’ is closed to new replies.