Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 30mm rims and 2.4 tyres
  • karnali
    Free Member

currently have some 2.4 contis on a pair of halo 29er wheels, what is the consensus of using 30mm internal rim width with tyres as narrow as 2.4? I’m looking for some new wheels and can’t decide between this or 27.5 wheels with 2.7-3″ tyres?

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

Before I switched to 3 inch I was using Maxxis Ardent 2.4 on my Velocity P35 – 30mm internal – without any issues. Just go for that.

Cheers!
    I.

wwaswas

I used 2.4″ tyres on P35’s too.

Conti’s come up like a bald bloke with a mohawk though once inflated – you need to pick your tyre with wider rims.

dubber
    Free Member

Running 29er 2.4 chunky monkey on WTB asym rim with 29mm internal width. No problems with it … just brought another in fact to try on the rear.

kraken2345
    Free Member

I’ve been using 2.3-2.5 tyres on my halo sas rims for years, usually a minion front and a hr rear but have changed to an aggressor, had no problems

fenboy

i’ve got 2.4 ardents on dt481’s 30mm internal and its a good shape, i have 2.4 mountain king and trail kings on maxlight ix wheels that are a good shape but wouldn’t be on the dt481’s. depends on tyres IMO

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I needed some rims quickly & all I could get was 30mm wide XM481 (unnecessary IMO).

I run 2.3’s on them & they are fine.

simondbarnes

Running 2.3s on Halo Vapour 35 (30mm internal) – gives a nice profile and works nicely.

BearBack
    Free Member

Here’s a 2.4mk2 and a 2.4 x-king on a 29″ DT Swiss 481.
    linky
    linky mk2

splashdown
    Free Member

Been running a 29er 2.35 Magic Mary and 2.3 Minion DHF on 30mm internal rims for since early March….works a treat.
    Also able to run them a few psi less than when they were on my old mk2 flows!

mattyfez

Here’s a 26×2.4 rocket ron on a 27mm internal rim if it’s any help for comparison.

BearBack
    Free Member

actual images no links…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Really like my e13 2.35″ tyres on my lb30 id rims.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘30mm rims and 2.4 tyres’ is closed to new replies.