Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 30.9mm seatpost in a 31.6mm seatube – shim or coke can?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Wanting to use my Command Post (30.6mm dia) on my new Mojo HD (31.6mm seat tube)… can’t seem to find a shim for this small size difference, so am I going to have to go the ‘coke can’ route?? 😕

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I think that that gap is too small even for a coke can. I think you might need to go down the diet coke can route. 😉

messiah
    Free Member

U.S.E make a shim to do that, order from a dealer.

psychle
    Free Member

not on the CRC website unfortunately… will get my LBS to check if they can order it I guess.

messiah
    Free Member

Yes… doesn’t seem to be listed online anywhere but U.S.E do make them.

vinnyeh

USE sell all their shims direct- try phoning, but I’d be really surprised if they did make them, too thin.

Why not ask Specialized for a 31.6 outer and convert it? I did this with my Joplin.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Plenty of room for a coke can. I used a coke can shim and a milk carton shim bonded together to fit a 30mm post to my 31.6mm Slopestyle.

curlie467
    Free Member

I have one available that i have taken off my bike.
    Email me on johnbpowley@aim.com if you are interested!
    John

bigyinn
    Free Member

Wrap some tin foil around the shaft to fit?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

vinnyeh – Member

USE sell all their shims direct- try phoning, but I’d be really surprised if they did make them, too thin.

Why not ask Specialized for a 31.6 outer and convert it? I did this with my Joplin.
    Posted 1 hour ago #

how wrong you are

psychle
    Free Member

Curlie467 YGM 🙂

Mamadirt, thanks for the tip. Shall try the aluminum can approach for now, it’s only 0.7 of a millimeter, reckon just one wrap would do the trick…

vinnyeh

how wrong you are

I’m used to that.. 😕

curlie467
    Free Member

Replied to you psychle

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I had to do this last week as a temp bodge to test something out. A coke can is far far too thin. You’d need a few wraps. Also it wont go far enough down the post for my liking. Carsberg export 50% extra free might be long enough.

In the end I discovered that Sainsbury’s “basic” sparkling water 2L bottles (the 16p ones) are exactly 0.35mm thick(which is whats needed for 30.9 to 31.6). One wrap around, some carbon nonslip stuff and it worked perfectly for a few hours.

I then got the proper sleeve.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘30.9mm seatpost in a 31.6mm seatube – shim or coke can?’ is closed to new replies.