Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • £300k for a bike lights startup.
  • wwaswas

on top of the £55k she got from kickstarter

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/business-news/bransons-back-safer-cycling-startup-blaze-9127598.html

blimey that’s a hefty investment.

There’ll have to be green bikes all over the road to get a return on that.

danrandon
    Free Member

surely red as a warning indicator would have a been a better choice though.

wwaswas

think it’s illegal to show a red light at the front of a vehicle/bike?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I may be being a bit simple but if the cyclist had a proper front light wouldn’t the contrast of the green bike be significantly diminished or are they suggesting that you just ride with a green bike image illuminating the road ahead?

danrandon
    Free Member

true but you know what i was trying to put across. how about a nice purple colour lol.

stumpy01

erm….I’m gobsmacked!
    £355k investment!

For a £125 bike light! Many cyclists seem unwilling to spend £30 on a front/rear set of lights so how many of these are they going to sell?! And will it be more effective than a decent front light?

lapierrelady

Putting the light on does bleach the laser out. As do street lights when you’re under them. Is a bike disco for one though

stumpyjon

Nice idea, can’t see it making much difference, many motorists are incapable of seeing something upright yet alone at ground level.

Gotama
    Free Member

Hmm, for London that seems quite a good idea for when a cyclist is beside a bus/car, providing it projects out far enough to be noticeable on the road in front of the driver and is bright enough to be seen. For road cycling in quieter areas i’m not convinced it’s much better than a traditional light of equivalent value. Could get an exposure diablo for that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘£300k for a bike lights startup.’ is closed to new replies.