Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 30.0 seatpost
  • filtrum1985
    Free Member

Anyone got any ideas on a 30.0 seatpost? Looking for one for my Ironhorse 7 point but cant seem to find many!? There is an orange one on Je James for a tenner but thats about it. What else could I do, what size can I go with a shim? Never tried that before so no ideas on what size I would need. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

kiwijohn

FSA or Easten are pretty much your best bet. Or Thomson of course.

filtrum1985
    Free Member

Cheers thanks for that, will have a look at those.

dropoff

Wiggle are selling a raceface 350mm x 30.0mm seatpost for £25 at the moment.

Seatpost

Valleyboy
    Free Member

i got a Thompson from CRC for my G spot, bit of stupid size in my opinion can’t get a decent “up and downer” for it

kiwijohn

My Iron Horse came with one of those Race Face posts. Creak like a creaky thing, so replaced it with an FSA.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i got a 29.8 thompson for sale.

filtrum1985
    Free Member

would it fit in mine, or would I need shims? If so what size shim would I need? Might help if I ask how much? What model and what condition?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I’ve got a 30.0-27.2 shim if you want it?

I ran a Thomson 30.0 in the end, just sold it with the frame.

flyingfox
    Free Member

Advise Thomson, Coves in particular often come with RaceFace 30.0 seatposts and they all appear to creak (although I don’t believe the diameter has any effect!!!). We’ve sold Thomson and it’s cured it every time. Shimming has been fine for me in the past but I would always buy the right size if you can.

martymac

ive got a shim in my p7 (29.8 to 27.2), benn using it for years, its fine.
    thomson have a good rep, although i aint used one.
    USE are good, easton are good and reasonably priced.
    USE sell shims too, seperately if you want one, not expensive.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘30.0 seatpost’ is closed to new replies.